“Always a good experience”
Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #301 of 4,739 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have been to The Yard House several times and have never been disappointed. There is a very large selection of ice-cold beers, and also many vegetarian menu options. We usually go during happy hour when prices are extremely reasonable. Great place to hang out on the patio.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went to the Yard House last nigh with my wife, a co-worker and his wife. Very good setting. The choice of beers is almost overwhelming but I like the offerings and the breakdown of beers on the menu made it easier to choose. The meal was very good. I had the ribeye and it was cooked to perfection. we all had fun and enjoyed the time here. Great place.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great place for a happy hour late lunch. 1/2 price appetizers which are really good- we had a mushroom pizza that was yummie- The restaurant would have been overpriced had it not been happy hour.

Great selection of beers to choose from.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had done some shopping at the Shops of La Cantera and decided to try this place for a late lunch (2:30PM). We were seated promptly and had our order taken about 10 minutes after being seated. My wife had the lunch sandwich combo of ½ roast beef dip and ½ Caesar salad. I had an avocado Swiss burger with fries. The food was delicious. My wife’s salad was crisp and fresh and her sandwich tasty. The lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and avocado on my burger were also crisp and fresh. The burger was cooked medium and was dripping with the juicy flavor of a burger that had been done at an outdoor picnic. The real treat was the shoestring fries served with the burger. They were crisp but not crunchy or oily. We were tempted to get a second order they were so good. The overall atmosphere was also pleasant, not too noisy that we could not hear each other. I give this place a thumbs up for good food and ambiance at a reasonable price.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We just ate there today. I thought my husband would be excited about the large draft beer selection, although many of them seemed to be nothing super exciting in terms of selection. I can't really speak to that since I don't drink beer. The food menu was extensive but seemed pricey. The quality was good (although the onion rings seemed like they came from a frozen bag and were just reheated) but nothing so exciting for the prices they charge. Our waiter was also horrible and it took several times asking to get refills for our drinks; he rarely came back to check on us. We had a small table for 5 people and he left the large menus on our table, taking up a quarter of the table (we ended up giving them to the runner who dropped off our food). It didn't seem like he was checking on any of the tables in his area, since I just rarely saw him.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hi Katiemeg2 - Our goal is to completely meet your expectations. We are sorry to learn about the unsatisfactory onion rings and service you received on this occasion. When you can spare a moment, please contact us directly at yhguestrelations@darden.com. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail so the appropriate corrections can be made.