2,867 results
All reviews cibolo moon lazy river high velocity hill country crooked branch tpc golf course pool area adult pool kids activities beautiful property lobby bar labor day weekend business conference fire pit self parking conference center spring break
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

This was our third visit to the JW Marriott and my kids were so excited to get there. We went the Wednesday of spring break and wow, it was packed. They were prepared for us at check in and got us to our room. The kids enjoyed the pools and the hotel was trying hard to keep up with the demand. It all went downhill at dinner. We had reservations at 7pm at Cibolo Moon at the hotel. Thank goodness because it was a 20 minute wait to get on the list for dinner. We ordered dinner and after 1.5 hours when it still wasn't there, the waiter informed us that it was still way down the line. So we cancelled our order thinking we would go to the room and get room service. When we called room service, we were told it was a 90 minute wait! Ridiculous! The next morning trying to get coffee it was the same thing. For $700/night, I would rather stay at a place where you can get a meal and a cup of coffee. We will not be back. Posted pic of the Starbucks line included.

8  Thank abswiltex
SF33SanAntonio, Manager at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. Clearly, what you experienced is unacceptable to us as well. As a result, we will need to look into this matter further and find out where the breakdown in speed of service came from. we do hope you come back again.

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Actually we live very close to this resort and my daughter wanted to spend the weekend here to celebrate her 14th birthday. We got two adjoining rooms and she invited a couple of friends to join us. While the girls went out to the water park to have fun, my husband and I went downstairs to the sports bar and grill to watch some television on the very large and impressive screens.

The resort is quite large and beautiful. The water park has been expanded within the last year or so, and I was quite impressed at how big it really was, and how much there was to do. There are several water slides, and a very long lazy river. There is plenty of different areas to relax and just lay in the sun. There is an area specifically for smaller children and a snack and beverage area are also available in the water park area.

The downstairs area in the main part of the hotel has a bar and two separate fire places that always seem to be burning. There was live entertainment there when we visited, and it was quite nice to sit with a drink and listen to the music while looking out the two story floor to ceiling windows. There are some walking paths outside and it is quite a beautiful area to just walk around.

We had dinner at the sports bar and grill with all the kids, and everyone seemed to really like their food. We did not eat at the Cibolo Moon restaurant so I cannot comment on that food, but if it was anything like what we had, I would say try it!

We are not golfers ourselves, but since we do live very close to the resort, we do have friends who have golfed there. This is the course that the Texas Valero Open uses. I have only heard great things about this golf course, but I do not have any first hand experience there.

Overall I think this is a great hotel and resort. All of the staff were very friendly and attentive. If you are thinking of visiting, I would say go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank marciboden
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Everybody was nice but nobody and I mean nobody offered to help with drinks, food or even finding pool towels. First night we were told that towels would be all around the hot tub, as it was cool. The hot tub is a the back of the pool complex and would not know it "no towels" and further more no staff to help. We found towels in a maintenance bin and the smelled of mildew.

Next day wife ordered "ice tea" and the poolside bar said sorry we are out. The following day we asked again for "ice tea" and again were told they were out. At this point I said "you mean to tell me the entire JW Marriott complex is out of iced tea." I was told by one of the six men sitting behind the bar that I could get an ice tea at the inside bar but they could not because they were on a different revenue system. Additionally, no one offered to make the trek, which is a significant trek. Everything is billed to the room and they knew our number. Interior Starbucks was out of Cold Brew and then started to explain what Cold Brew was. Completed a survey from JW and the response was less than adequate saying these were isolated issues. Don't think so. Their management communication is broken and the JW San Antonio is not a Full Service Hotel it just pretends to be.

Room tip: All rooms seem the same.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank David P
Chris M, Manager at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

David P.

Thank you for your visit and honest feedback. As a result of your feedback we have confirmed that we have brewed tea at the pool at 10am everyday and we have replenished our inventory of Cold Brew at Starbucks. We met with the recreation team for better signage and placement of the towels as well as re-training staff about general information about the resort. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and we hope you choose to come back again in the future.

Director of Restaurants

Reviewed March 14, 2017

Just finished running a meeting for 900 people at the resort. From the food, to the meeting space, to the staff it was one of the best ever. The meeting was almost flawless and the whole resort just fantastic. I would go back to this facility in a heart beat...it was fantastic.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Great Sunday Brunch! Food is fresh & delicious. Service is efficient. Entertainment is amazing, we thought Michael Bublee was in the other room! Laura carving the Prime Rib & turkey is very friendly & welcoming. Good find!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple