I have visited many first class hotels, but this JW Marriott really stood out. First, the customer service was first rate in every way-- when I arrived, the front desk want out of there way to provide me with the exact room I requested-- overlooking the pool on a high floor. They gave me a suite with a great view to accommodate my request. From that point, I felt the staff was willing to bend over backwards to accommodate my stay-- in the bars, restaurants and grounds, the staff said "good morning", "good afternoon" and "can I get anything for you". They treated me like they really appreciated my businesses-- which really meant a lot.
Second, the grounds are in meticulous condition, clean, well manicured grounds, clean rooms and spotless restaurants. I felt like they really cared about the property and that the staff took pride in keeping things first rate.
Third, the food and beverage people offered an outstanding experience-- farm fresh eggs, oatmeal, starbucks coffee, you name it, they tried to offer it to you. Simply put, I felt it was an outstanding value at a great price.
Finally, the lazy river was a great pool experience. Floating down the river offered a very relaxing experience. I could spend the entire day with a drink and the lazy river.
While the hotel is about twenty miles from San Antonio, I felt the outstanding facility made up for it. I had no interest in visiting San Antonio after spending time at this facility.
I strongly recommend and wish I could go back. Thanks JW MArriot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort in San Antonio, Texas features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio