I have known of this resort for quite some time but just recently had the opportunity to treat my family to a long weekend at this secluded Hill Country resort. First impressions are critical and this spot passes the test - upon approach you can't help but be in awe of the massive resort. The staff was very polite at every interaction. The grounds were flawless, restaurants terrific. The true gem here, particularly if you are traveling with kids, is the aquatic park. I simply can't just call this a pool...it is so much more! Water slides, lazy river, energetic baby pool, abundant pool side chairs and umbrellas, even cabanas...they have it all!
I did have a couple disappointing moments and I feel obligated to share those when providing reviews. First, in the interest of full disclosure, I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member and I used Rewards points to book this stay. My family had stayed the night before at the Marriott Rivercenter (also on points) and had received an upgrade to a suite. I called this resort the morning of check-in to inquire about an upgrade (traveling with a baby, having a separate living room can be a life saver). The professional I spoke with indicated that there was plenty of vacancy during our stay and that an upgrade should not be a problem whatsoever. Great! So, I was a little disappointed at the point of check-in when I was told that my upgrade was simply an upgraded view of the pool area. We didn't even get a full size balcony. I was traveling with 3 other families - none of whom are Marriott Rewards members, all of whom had full size balconies. From my vantage point, there was little appreciation for my status and more focus on rewarding non brand loyal guests who were paying for the stay. Big picture - not a deal breaker...the room was fine and the baby was cooperative. The one real issue I had, which I now realize that I never reported to the property, pertains to the extra pillow and blanket contained in a zipped bag in the top of the closet. I had a need to use those items our 2nd night and, to my horror, when I opened the bag at about 3:00 am, I discovered what appeared to be a dried blood stain on the pillow case and dark black hairs on the blanket. Needless to say, I tossed those right back in the closet. To the resort management, if you happen to read this, please check on this in room 3362 (we just checked out on 7/8/14)..someone else may throw a huge fit.
Overall, despite the couple of hiccups listed above, my family and the 3 we were traveling with all had a great time. We will go back and I am hopeful that the next time around my Platinum Elite status will yield a little better upgrade, whether I am paying or redeeming points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our restaurants are sure to please with Texas BBQ, genuine Mexican cuisine and private dining rooms for groups. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio