I found a good rate that included the resort fee and $100 spending money. I selected a roll away bed on-line. I also called and requested a roll away bed. During check in I was informed you could not have a roll away bed in a room with two double beds - it would have been nice to find this out before hand. This was an annoyance but not devastating. The hotel is very large and its spaces are very large in scale. There is great seating in the main lobby and outside. The hotel is in great shape and quite attractive. It is fairly loud and energetic (lots of kids on the weekend). Bands playing indoors and out. The pool complex was great fun. The three water slides were all great and the lines were fairly short (summer weekend). The pool area gets very crowded and it was difficult to find four chairs together to sit and put down our stuff. We enjoyed the bar/lobby area, sports restaurant and regular restaurant. The room was quite nice with a big modern bathroom and nice deck with a pretty view. Wish they had two queen beds instead of doubles but we still slept OK (family with two teenagers). Worked out at the exercise room by the spa - had some very good equipment but was small. Enjoyed the smores and rubber duck race (my daughter came in last and won a prize). Great staff - everyone was extremely friendly except the check in guy, but that was probably due to me being a little upset about the roll away bed. We enjoyed just grabbing some Starbucks muffins/scones for breakfast each day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our restaurants are sure to please with Texas BBQ, genuine Mexican cuisine and private dining rooms for groups. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa