The hotel is located 30 minutes from downtown in the Hill Country. It is also home of the TPC San Antonio, where the Texas Valero Open golf tournament takes place.
It is a very large, very lively hotel with many families, many young children. The hotel thus is a mixture between a golf resort and a family resort hotel. Pure golfing travelers might not like it so much because there are always a lot of family activities going on. Also the pace of play on the golf courses is kind of slow.
The hotel rooms are spacious enough and well equipped e.g. fridge and room safe are available. Various restaurants/bars are available, incl. Starbucks but are always very busy and noisy. One morning the wait for breakfast was 45 minutes. That is just too much and needs better organisation. On top service tends to be very slow.
The hotel is relatively expensive, on top of the room rate comes the resort fee which covers things like wifi or the gym. This, however, is available free of charge in many other hotels. But at least free self-parking is available.
All in all much more a large family resort where somehow you can also play some golf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our restaurants are sure to please with Texas BBQ, genuine Mexican cuisine and private dining rooms for groups. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio