JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$105
$180
  • Breakfast included
$62
$259
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
  • Breakfast included
$223
$215
$239
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$245
$215
$259
$319
HotelQuickly
2,687 results
All reviewscibolo moonlazy riverhigh velocityhill countrycrooked branchtpc golf coursepool areaadult poolkids activitieskids clubbeautiful propertylobby barlabor day weekendfire pitbusiness conferenceself parkingconference center
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I live in Houston and decided to take a little weekend getaway by myself just to relax and unwind. This was my second time to this hotel, and I must say that it is by far the best hotel experience I have ever had. The attention to detail at the JW is top of the line..everything from the service to the food to the aromatherapy tolietries were superb! The spa is probably the nicest spa I have experienced as well, and the spa pool was so quiet and relaxing. The food at Cibolo Moon is always wonderful..especially the cinnamon rolls at the breakfast buffet! I could write on and on...let's just say that ever since I got back from my last visit to JW San Antonio, all I can think about is going back again. It is pricey, but worth every penny!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Words can not express how happy i am with this Hotel. My husband and I try to visit once a year and it still holds its amazing reputation.

THe Pool is amazing! THey have a lazy river as well as a kiddie and all adults pool. THe service is awesome. ANd the food is great!

IT is set on a BEAUTIFUL Golf COurse.

Only negative is room service took almost two hours......so we ended up ordering a pizza delivered

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

JW review

Pros- nice architecture, kids activities look fun (unverified)

Cons-
1. Incompetent room service: we asked for enough tea and water for two people and the server only brought 1 cup and 1 cup's worth of water.
2. A luxury hotel should not have beds that are lumpy. Our bed had a large hump in the middle.
3. Poor planning: on a Sunday morning, we were told there was a 25 minute wait for brunch at the restaurant when there were more tables that were empty than seated. Management should anticipate times of increased demand and increase restaurant staff accordingly.
4. Astonishingly inefficient valet parking. We waited 45 minutes for our car to be retrieved, and had to hunt down the valet staff to make sure it happened. They appeared stressed and indifferent to customer service.

In sum, this hotel is absolutely not worth the luxury prices it charges. It gives lip service to customer care, but in reality is substandard in every way. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Toni W
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel has everything you could ask for! From an amazing water park, to great food and golf, my entire family enjoyed every minute of our stay. It is a little pricey but if you are looking for guaranteed satisfaction this hotel is going to fit the bill. Only possible complaint is that it is a fair distance away from the river walk area if you were hoping to take that in as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I attended a three-day conference with 1,300-plus participants. The design of the facility allowed for easy and uncrowded movement between different rooms for the large and small sessions, all of which could be held on the same floor. The food at breakfast, lunch and one large outdoor dinner event was of high quality and tasty. Service at all of these meals was friendly and efficient with the buffets being laid out in such a way that guests could move rapidly through the lines, obtain their food and be seated and eating without delay.

One word of caution. If you plan to attend a business conference accompanied by a non-participating significant other or children, be sure to plan ahead for any of their activities. The resort advertises children's activities which I had no reason to explore. However, on the last day I unexpectedly found myself with about 12 hours to kill before my flight home. Unfortunately, without a car, a trip into downtown San Antonio becomes a pricey proposition. A one-day car rental can run about $80.00. A cab ride is approximately $65.00. Fortunately, Donna from the concierge desk suggested that I take "The Grand Tour" offered by City Tours, Inc. The cost for the full-day tour was $59.00. They would pick me up at the resort and Donna was certain the tour company would make arrangements to store my luggage. I could then take a shuttle or taxi from downtown San Antonio to the airport. This worked as she had expected and was a good solution to my dilemma.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business