“Lovely Hotel, fantastic service”

JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, Texas
“Lovely Hotel, fantastic service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the JW this past week end and we had a lovely time. The hotel took great care of us and as we have experienced in the past at the JW the staff are really kind. We ate lunch at High Velocity and the food was great. If you are a sports fan this restaurant will be a true treat. I have never seen so many TV's in a space of that size. For dinner we went to 18Oaks. The food and atmosphere were perfect for a couple celebreating their anniversary. The rooms are lovely and spacious and I love the bathrooms, great tubs. On Sunday morning we enjoyed brunch at 18Oaks. Again, this was wonderful. How can you argue with endless mimosa's. We have stayed at this hotel in the past and the water park and pools are fantastic for sunny days.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alwaystraveling78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Houston
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We usually stay at the Hyatt in the Hill Country when we stay in San Antonio but we got a great deal on Priceline so we just had to try the JW finally. It was a huge property compare to the Hyatt, but still had a similar feel and charm. The property well kept, pools were great fun for my 3 kids age 4, 6 and 8. That kept them busy for hours each day even if was chilly outside - the pools were heated and the kids played in them until they turned blue!

Rooms are nice and updated, food was good at the restaurant and reasonably priced. My only big complaint is that we had come for the Thanksgiving day buffet and it was sold out by the time we got there. Also, the breakfast with Santa buffet was sold out on Saturday. My kids were dissapointed not to see Santa which we always did at the Hyatt. If they suggest you reserve something believe them and do it or you will be stuck out!

Also note that the kids activites are very expensive - almost ridiculously so.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank drozowski
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a Great Time with My Grandkids. Poolside was a great place to hang out with grandkids. Hotel was great and associates friendy. Restaurant amd sports bar was very nice. Lobby nice and big. Fireplace outside was very romantic.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank plexusslim02gmail
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My trade association choose this location for our preview and committee meetings. Way to go!
I don't normally bring my wife to work functions, but the spa at the location looked to be the ticket. She had a wonderful time...staff and facilities were superb. The service here is truly amazing and management and staff should be commended for the culture of service that permeates this place. Rooms are clean and new. Beds and linens the same. Bars and restaurants are very good, food and beverage service was excellent.

Don't be afraid to pick this place for any work function, or just a getaway with momma! She'll thank you!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank tyrerubber
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay here for a work event in October, and I was very impressed by the amenities, the service and the finish level of the rooms. I travel quite frequently for work and I've been to any number of mega-hotels with conference facilities, but this really outshone them all. First, it wasn't so huge that you got lost, and while it does take a little while to get from your room to the meeting areas, it wasn't nearly as bad as some that I've been to. The rooms felt luxurious and well-appointed, and the few meals that I had at the restaurants were fantastic. More importantly, they somehow managed to make the whole site a relaxing oasis. I was there for work, but I felt completely relaxed. I was extremely disappointed that my stay was cut short due to my changing work schedule and can only hope that I get an opportunity to go back again in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Awesome place, stayed here for Christmas and had a very nice time. Was a little disappointed that there were not more Christmas lights or decorations but the items that were up were in good taste. Couldn't ask for a better staff then those folks. Food & drinks was pricey and resort fee excessive but you do get what you pay and no complaints about quality of either.

Very clean resort.

Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

If you want to see the Alamo and enjoy the Riverwalk, then there are better places to stay. If you've done all that stuff and want a really nice resort style hotel (and especially if you like golf) then this is the best hotel in the San Antonio area (although La Cantera runs it close).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business