“Lantana Spa & Replenish Spa Bistro review”

JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
Ranked #24 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 5, 2012

While I did not stay here I did come for the spa service. SPA: Everyone was very pleasant during my recent visit. I took advantage of a special at the spa - lavender salt glow. Skin was wonderful afterwards. There is a real decent size pool for spa guest, in comparison to the sauna, steam room, whirlpools..which were on the small size. REPLENISH..Chris the chef made a great salad and tortilla soup, all fresh. Thanks to Jenn my waitress, she gave me some tips about the area. Both were a great representation of what you would expect from a resort hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a wonderful Hotel and the service was fantastic. I attended 2 Conferences here and the food was excellent. I did not get an opportunity to golf but understand the course is just spectacular. Rooms wer very well appointed and my view was exceptional. I will be back to this location and I think it would be great for a personal getaway!

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

The facility and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. I love that they have kept as much of the landscape as they did when building this resort. They have a "green" attitude but the housekeeping service kept giving us new towels each even when we indicated we did not need them. The food was very good and the service excellent. If ever back this way we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We always travel down to the Texas Hill Country during the late spring for the wildflower show that nature puts on. For the past two years we have stayed at the JW Marriot in San Antonio and have enjoyed both visits. The resort is in a great location with beautiful views of the Texas Hill Country. The rooms are decorated very nicely and are of good size. A very friendly staff just adds to the beauty of the resort. We will be back next year as I think we have found our home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife had her annual breast cancer charity gala here the weekend of September 29, 2012. This hotel helped make this the best experience ever. This was the thirteenth gala we have held but the first one at the JW Marriott and all I can say is WOW! This property went above and beyond to make sure this was a night to remember. Pablo was our main contact assigned to assist us and he was incredible. We were told to look for red jacketed employees who worked in the ballroom areas if we needed anything. Megan, one of the red jackets was extremely helpful. Many of our 463 guests even commented on how friendly and helpfully the staff were. the night was a total success and our accommodations were awesome. The event was so good that we have already booked the hotel for next year. Thank you JW Marriott for making this an event to remember.

1  Thank Homelesstexan
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was part of a large convention type group planned for this resort. I was surprised that when I checked in at 2pm on the day prior to the event, I was told my room selection of KIng(made 6 weeks before and supposedly confirmed) wasnt available and I was delicately "persuaded" to take a "Queen 2 bed room". When I walked in, it was a two bed full, not a queen and it was a handicapped rooom with grab bars and other handicapped accoutrments. I dont think this is very fair to do to people who reserved a certain type of room way in advance. This was paid for by my employer.
$2.75 for one Pepsi out of the vending machine is outrageous.
the resort seems to draw three types of people (all at the same time):
--golfers
--families with lots of kids
--conventions
It makes for an odd mix I think.

I'm not saying this place isnt pretty because it is, but really, its not fair to bait and switch rooms. That was my first impression, and I heard it happened to other people too. So who got the king beds??

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Having read some of the reviews for this property, I can't understand why anyone could rate it as "terrible". Seriously ? This is a 5 star property with beautiful grounds, lovely clean rooms, great meeting space, a TPC gold course and a good range of restaurants. Yes, it's quite far out of San Antonio ($ 70 can ride to the Riverwalk and $ 35 cab ride to the airport), but it's a resort and it's peaceful. I stayed in a suite which had a beautiful big bathroom and a very confortable bed with white on white linens. I did have a few issues while I was there. The toilet ran for hours after being flushed and the hairdryers were awful. I say hairdryers in the plural because they brought me three (one of which almost blew up on me!) and not one of them worked properly. Also had some service issues with the 2 restaurants - Cibolo Moon and High Velocity. In the former, we waited for 20 minutes and no one came to take our order, so we got up and left. All that aside, I had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend this property.

1  Thank AmandaUSA