My family and I spent a wonderful week here at the JW in San Antonio (husband, wife, 10 year old son and 7 year old daughter). I am a Marriott Rewards platinum member and used points for our stay and I must say it was worth all of the time saving my points. My wife and I are already talking about how we can make it back here again soon.
Check in - Got here on a Thursday evening and check in was fast and easy. They offer valet parking, but I went with self-parking to save the cost. It's a bit of an uphill walk, but was no more than a couple of minutes. I found parking pretty easy except one day when the resort was sold out. The lobby was big and beautiful.
Staff - The staff throughout the stay were very accommodating and always helpful. We are pretty self-sufficient, but the concierge helped with a couple requests and the housekeeping staff were great throughout the stay.
Room - We got very lucky with the best upgrade we could have ever asked for. I sent a note letting them know we had 4 people sharing a room with kids and would appreciate a room with extra space if at all possible. D reached out to us and took great care of us. We actually got a regular room with two beds and a connecting suite that included a king size bed and a sitting room with a pull out sofa. The extra space was incredible. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were great. Great quality and plenty of space.
Pool area - Wow is all I can say. The water slides were a big hit with the kids. The two bigger ones were definitely a lot of fun and the smaller one going into the lazy river was fun throughout the stay. The pool area is really laid out well and the padded lounges are a nice plus. It's great that there is a huge family pool, a lazy river, the slides and an adult only pool with great views.
Restaurants - We enjoyed many meals at the sports bar, pool restaurant and main restaurant. A few nights were busy, but most times there was no wait and the service was great. The quality of the food was good and I was pleasantly surprised at the prices which I thought was pretty reasonable. Usually resorts like this really jack up prices for even basic meals, but could get sandwiches/burgers for like $13-16 and liked the kids meals were like $6. We didn't drink much so can't give any tips on that.
Location - There are great views in the Hill Country. It's only about 30 minutes from the airport and easy to find, but you will need a car. There isn't much within 10 minutes of the resort, but there is a lot around outside that 10 minute loop.
Other amenities - The resort grounds were beautiful and well taken care of. There was a kids club and workout facility which we didn't use. The kids loved the nightly s'mores near the pool. There were always activities and little games for the family going on. The JW is part of the TPC of San Antonio golf facilities (they say only members or JW guests can play there). There are two course. My son and I played on the Canyons course. It was pretty hot and there weren't many players. Course was nice, but greens weren't that great because of the lack of rain.
Keep up the great work JW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort in San Antonio, Texas features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa