I wanted to take my husband on a weekend get-a-way for his 30th birthday. I did A LOT of research on Texas Golf Resorts and heavily considered La Cantera, The Hyatt Hill Country, Barton Creek and Horseshoe Bay as well. I am SOOOOOO glad we went to the JW Marriott SA Hill Country Resort. After staying here I will NEVER visit the other golf resorts. There is no need. This resort is perfect.
The service is AMAZING. Every single employee that works there is friendly, happy, looks at you when passing by and says hello, asks how you are, if there is anything they can do for you. Each one of them is quick to please. They seem like they are happy working there and every one of them looks at you in the eye when they pass you by and greets you with a smile/good morning/good afternoon. Many of them remember you the very next day too! The service is most impressive.
The room is gorgeous. There's not a bad view from any room. We had a breathtaking view of a golf course and gorgeous gazebo and water fountains.
There are bean bags and lots of grass areas for family games.
The water park is so fun! The slides are thrilling and the lazy river is relaxing. We are in our 30's and still enjoyed it so it's not just for kids!
The adult pool is BREATHTAKING. It is an infinity edge pool that over looks a gorgeous, green golf course. It's like a postcard. I felt like I was sitting in a spot that they would film the Bachelor at. I am serious. The view is absolutely incredible!
The grounds (both inside and out) are just glistening. They are very clean, well kept and just stunning.
The cocktails are tasty! Loved the chocolate martini at the High Velocity bar.
The fish tacos and onion petals by the pool are to-die-for. YUMMY! I am still craving fish tacos!
We loved the sports bar- High Velocity. Very cool spot to watch a good game!
Downtown San Antonio wasn't very far- 30 minutes away. For anyone that complains about the distance- it's close enough to the city if you want to get to downtown- but it is in the Hill Country- meaning a gorgeous place to relax. If you can't handle 30 minutes to the city-which isn't that far anyways- then just stay downtown. But the resort is supposed to be a getaway place and a little farther out.
On a side note- we went in to town one night and ate at Bohanans. It's exquisite and highly recommended.
I want to discuss the price point- It's a 5 star resort and you DEFINITELY get what you pay for. I thought it was quite reasonable and expected to spend much more than our final bill actually. The drinks and food aren't any more than any other hotel would be, to be honest. I felt like the prices were very fair. It's not the cheapest place in town, sure, but the luxury resort is well worth the splurge! You will not be dissapointed.
My husband is a total golf SNOB. He only plays at the very best places and is very critical about courses. He LOVED both courses. He said the courses are gorgeous, challenging and the conditions were the best he had played at. He has played other TPC golf courses and he said this was by far the best one!
I cannot wait to go back to the the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country! If you are looking for a golf resort- this is it!!!! Promise!!! If you are looking for a Hill Country get-a-way, it won't get any more relaxing than this. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, stay here! It's the PERFECT romantic get-a-way and would also be great for families too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our restaurants are sure to please with Texas BBQ, genuine Mexican cuisine and private dining rooms for groups. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa