JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
$240
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$149
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
$214
$132
Orbitz.com
2,675 results
All reviewscibolo moonlazy riverhigh velocityhill countrycrooked branchtpc golf coursepool areaadult poolkids activitieskids clubbeautiful propertylobby barlabor day weekendfire pitbusiness conferenceself parkingconference center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently for a conference. The common areas of the hotel were lovely. Dinner at 18 Oaks was very good. Delicious steak. Cibolo Moon was also quite good. Room was ok. Decent size. Housekeeping was not very good. Stayed for 5 days and the carpeting was never vacuumed once. Or the furniture dusted. The walls in the rooms are very thin. We could hear alarm clocks next door, conversations in the bathroom, doors slamming, etc...

The hotel is in a residential area and there are no nearby restaurants or shopping within walking distance. And no complimentary car service. There is no free internet in either your room or the lobby. Beware of the $25 per day 'resort fee.'

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We were here on a business trip and had a wonderful time. It is a little far from the city but there is a shuttle that can take you to the downtown area although most of our time was spent at the pool and the lazy river. The lazy river was the highlight of the place for us. Very relaxing and pleasant .

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhonda61
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The Hotel is J. W. Marriott's largest J.W. property, perhaps they should have tried to be the best vs. the largest!

The staff is VERY attentetive and there are a lot of them to help out, almost too many looking for something to do.

The parking lot is AWFUL and if you do not want to deal with it the cost is $25 per day for Valet service. They do not have enough spaces for the Hotel guests and large parties. You can end up having to treck a mountain side in the rain or worse to get to a spot and hike back to the Hotel.

The rooms are nice, but not great. They have the signature J.W. Mattresses which are always great, but the amenities in the room are average after that.

The Spa is nice, but lacks warmth or life in the decorations, it is mostly grey and gloomy. No T.V to watch while in the jacuzzi or while seated to go into the sauna's.

They charge you $25 per day per person for Serivice Amenties, this includes Free internet access, 2 drinks per night in the lounge and partial admitance to the spa, (full spa privedges which include access to the Sauna and jacuzzi are $15 MORE per day. As a Platinum member I am somewhat asounded that this JW charges me $25 per day for that which others JW's have available to me in the Concerige lounge at no charge. (there is NO Platinum member lounge at this hotel).

All in all I would not go back, nice to have been once, but nothing there so special I would stay there again on my nest trip to San Antonio. I think I would be better off on the Riverwalk in one the properties there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Golf Course or Pool
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2012

A couple of tips about staying at this beautiful resort. Stay during off season and save a little on room costs and miss the family/kids scene. Ask for a room on an upper floor so you can have great views of the property. Make sure to ask for the complimentary drinks at check in. If you are a couple, make sure to ask for additional coffee and an extra bathrobe for your room. Get on their email list so you can get some really good deals on your stay.

So much for the dry-fact-information part. Frankly, I was really impressed with this resort. I wanted to surprise my sweetie for our 10yr anniversary, however didn't want to travel to far away from home. As chance would have it my companies convention is going to be here next summer and I received an email with the information. When I went to check it out, I noticed they were running a special which included a $100 a day resort credit good for spa services and the resorts bars/restaurants. It also happen to fall on our anniversary weekend. Score, done and dusted.

I will point out that this is not an inexpensive resort by any means, however it is a beautiful resort with some of the neatest little cubby holes to relax and enjoy the various bars which are abound. The resort has something for everyone. Massive water slides and pools, TPC Golf Courses, nature walks, segway tours and activities to many to mention. However, I can really see that in the high season, this place would be crawling with families and kiddo's... so keep that in mind if you are looking for a romantic get away without the screaming shrills of someone else's chillins.

I will review the various bars and restaurants in separate reviews, since they all deserve special attention. The resort itself is beautifully appointed with many unique features I have never seen before. One item, a place where you can plug in your camera and make a scrapbook of your stay while kicking back in the lobby. A starbucks on the first floor was nice. The architecture, furniture and light fixtures made you feel like you were royalty. The service was at times over the top, but in all, everyone we ran into were extremely helpful and friendly.

Just some small items, such as when the bell hop dropped us off in our room he commented on having only one robe, would of been nice if he asked if we would have liked another. Even though I made reservations, there was confusion at check in which meant they forgot my comp drinks and ended up on the third floor rather than a high floor as I requested. I had to double check the next day to make sure I got my $100 credit which I did. Some of the channels on the TV wouldn't tune in and one of the phones in the room didn't work. I has ordered some roses to be in the room when we arrived which needed a confirmation of credit card payment which I faxed to them a few days before our arrival. Unfortunately, they called me on the way to the resort on Friday to make sure that was what the credit card authorization was for, so unfortunately they weren't in the room when we checked in. They did arrive eventually and were loverly. I bring these small issues up since at $299 a night, I kinda expect pretty dang close to perfection. Silly me.

It is only about an hour or so from SW Austin and overall, it was a truly wonderful experience... one that we will remember for years to come. I bet we find ourselves back there soon, since being on the email list will assist in getting some great bargains.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room when making reservations. If you are a couple ask for more coffee and an extra bathrobe at check-in, as well as the complimentary drink coupon.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the J.W. Marriott for 4 nights this month. We were very impressed with this hotel. It was comfortable, quiet, and the view from our window was great. The lazy river and water park are phenomenal. We will definitely return to this hotel

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family