“Great escape for a family”

JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
Ranked #23 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Property is very new & very large with golf course, lazy river, several pools, and EVEN several waterslides...great property for families. Game room, gym, etc. Several restaurants and bar. We stayed in a suite.....large room, pleasant interior design and large balcony over-looking pool area. Did wish pools/waterslides stayed open later. Beautiful decor. Relaxing and very fun! Located in hill country....beautiful views.

Definitely recommend this property!

Room Tip: Recommend pool view
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank truthfulTexas

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed here during a work conference and loved the beautiful grounds, water park and room in general. The food catered was also amazing, the decor and customer service were top notch. The ride from the airport was a little long but once you get there you enjoy your time.
I could see lots of families enjoying their time together.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

What a fantastic Resort. It offers everything,Not inexpensive but worth every penny.Rooms were magnificent,food options were fantastic,Landscaping incredible.Largest TV screen I have ever seen in bar. Very kid and family friendly. Water slides,game room,babysitting,golf.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This place is amazing! Water park for the family with a very impressive layout. We were able to enjoy it even in November as they heat the water. It is amazing how peaceful and quiet it is out here. Great retreat for the family. And yet not too far from Sea World and other great things San Antonio has to offer. We only went to SW and then enjoyed the resort the remainder of the week.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I absolutely loved this hotel!! My husband and I spent 4 days in Austin, and then 2 days in San Antonio at the JW Marriott. We wanted to do something special and relaxing for our anniversary, so we chose this resort. We loved it here!!! We actually wish we'd spent one more day here and one less day in Austin. The room was really nice, very clean and spacious. The hotel grounds were beautiful. The pool was the perfect temperature and very large. I had a few frozen margaritas (yum!) at the pool, and we were able to get some pretty good snacks/appetizers by the pool as well. We loved the lazy river, and the water slides were really fun, too! I was going to get a massage at the spa, but I just couldn't justify the price...$130 (plus tip) for only 50 minutes??! No, thanks!! (I got a 90 minute, $110 massage in Austin instead.) I think that would be my only complaint about this place-they could make the spa services a little less of a rip off! Oh, and one other minor thing...the pool lifeguards were young-probably late teens/early 20's, and some of them weren't very professional. We overheard them (they weren't trying to hide it) arguing at one point, which should have been done out of earshot from the guests. Not a big deal, but kind of distracting from the relaxing atmosphere. Overall it was amazing though. The staff was very friendly, and it was such an extravagant place, we felt like celebrities. :) I would absolutely come back!

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a view of the pool, and were accomodated.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here during a nurse practitioner conference. I would leave early and enjoy the lazy river with my husband while there. My experience was lovely! I would recommend!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Maybe an average rating isn't fair. My room was really nice, with a balcony and a big new HD TV, and a pleasant sitting area. The bathroom has a separate shower and tub and the tea-making facility is top notch. Turn down service and a smiling and attentive staff abound. The gym sports hot washcloths, fresh towels, and a bowl of fruit. The gift shop has everything you could want from yogurt to beer. When I complained about a room charge it was promptly deleted. The sports bar has the biggest screens I've ever seen. The elevators arrived instantly. The downside for me? The feel of the place is kinda fake. There's a big water park, outside music speakers, gas fireplaces everywhere, and plenty of fountains. I'm thinking many people who find it perfect.

Room Tip: Avoid looking over the water park.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business