“WHAT AN AMAZING VENUE”

Ranked #17 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
“WHAT AN AMAZING VENUE”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

What a fantastic Resort. It offers everything,Not inexpensive but worth every penny.Rooms were magnificent,food options were fantastic,Landscaping incredible.Largest TV screen I have ever seen in bar. Very kid and family friendly. Water slides,game room,babysitting,golf.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This place is amazing! Water park for the family with a very impressive layout. We were able to enjoy it even in November as they heat the water. It is amazing how peaceful and quiet it is out here. Great retreat for the family. And yet not too far from Sea World and other great things San Antonio has to offer. We only went to SW and then enjoyed the resort the remainder of the week.

• Stayed November 2011
Durango, CO
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I absolutely loved this hotel!! My husband and I spent 4 days in Austin, and then 2 days in San Antonio at the JW Marriott. We wanted to do something special and relaxing for our anniversary, so we chose this resort. We loved it here!!! We actually wish we'd spent one more day here and one less day in Austin. The room was really nice, very clean and spacious. The hotel grounds were beautiful. The pool was the perfect temperature and very large. I had a few frozen margaritas (yum!) at the pool, and we were able to get some pretty good snacks/appetizers by the pool as well. We loved the lazy river, and the water slides were really fun, too! I was going to get a massage at the spa, but I just couldn't justify the price...$130 (plus tip) for only 50 minutes??! No, thanks!! (I got a 90 minute, $110 massage in Austin instead.) I think that would be my only complaint about this place-they could make the spa services a little less of a rip off! Oh, and one other minor thing...the pool lifeguards were young-probably late teens/early 20's, and some of them weren't very professional. We overheard them (they weren't trying to hide it) arguing at one point, which should have been done out of earshot from the guests. Not a big deal, but kind of distracting from the relaxing atmosphere. Overall it was amazing though. The staff was very friendly, and it was such an extravagant place, we felt like celebrities. :) I would absolutely come back!

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a view of the pool, and were accomodated.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here during a nurse practitioner conference. I would leave early and enjoy the lazy river with my husband while there. My experience was lovely! I would recommend!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Maybe an average rating isn't fair. My room was really nice, with a balcony and a big new HD TV, and a pleasant sitting area. The bathroom has a separate shower and tub and the tea-making facility is top notch. Turn down service and a smiling and attentive staff abound. The gym sports hot washcloths, fresh towels, and a bowl of fruit. The gift shop has everything you could want from yogurt to beer. When I complained about a room charge it was promptly deleted. The sports bar has the biggest screens I've ever seen. The elevators arrived instantly. The downside for me? The feel of the place is kinda fake. There's a big water park, outside music speakers, gas fireplaces everywhere, and plenty of fountains. I'm thinking many people who find it perfect.

Room Tip: Avoid looking over the water park.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
minneapolis
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We stayed at the JW Marriott in July. The resort is very tastefully decorated. It is a very large resort, which is both a pro and a con. there is everything available to do there, but I was surprised at how many of the activities were at an additional fee. We couldn't believe how busy the pool was. Call well in advance if you want to reserve a cabana by the pool. The pool area is enormous. My biggest disappointment was how dirty the pool area was. Went down in the early morning and they had not cleaned around the pool from the day before. There was food and empty cups everywhere. the ground was sticky from people spilling drinks. We were there on a holiday weekend, I am assuming they do a better job when it is not so busy. I would recommend going there off season, I have a feeling it would be much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you have kids and want to use the pools a lot, I would ask for a room close to that area.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thousand Oaks CA
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was here in October for a conference, as always the room was very clean and comfortable. The room had a separate show and bath and the view was killer. Also the room has a laptop safe that is just the right size for a few items plus the laptop.

The sports bar is great and the best place to watch football. I ate on the restaurant and the food was very good. The conference food was very good.

One thing they hotel and conference center could use was more hand sanitizing stations in public places.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business