2,810 results
All reviewscibolo moonlazy riverhigh velocityhill countrycrooked branchtpc golf coursepool areaadult poolkids activitieskids clubbeautiful propertylounge chairslobby barlabor day weekendbusiness conferencefire pitconference center
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is a great place for a family or to bring friends. We were there last summer and my granddaughter brought along a friend and I brought along her mother. We had a great time. Servants are so friendly and helpful. Room have everything you need. Such a beautiful place. You want to make this a must do in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We usually stay at La Cantera Resort but it was booked so we decided to try this location. From the beginning, we were disappointed!! The pool was restricted to 4 wrist bands - we had 5 in our group including our 5 year old daughter. We were told that in order for her to go in we would have to purchase another room. Once we finally entered the pool the service was horrible. It wasn't til we stopped someone and explained how upset we were that we were waited on. There were extra activities for the kids but all at an extra charge. The only positive I can say is that the food at the Sports Bar was great.
JW is much more expensive than La Cantera and not worth the extra money - there are FREE actives and designated places just for the kids - the service is better and everyone is happy:) Before you waste your money check availability at La Cantera, you will not be disappointed :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cgssatx
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The resort is relaxing and an enjoyable atmosphere. The rooms were quite nice, and the staff extremely helpful. We enjoyed the music in the evenings and especially the lazy river. My only disappointment was the food at their restaurants, which left much to be desired. Overall, we would definitely return but eat our meals off-site.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed September 9, 2011

First, I must preface my review by saying that I am not generally a fan of self-contained, isolated resorts. Although practical (i.e. not needing to drive from one attraction to another in a city; having lots of activities and restaurants on the property), they can keep us from getting beyond the walls of the resort to see the rest of the local area. However, we have visited San Antonio and the Texas hill country many times, and we know the other attractions well. For this vacation we chose to use Marriott reward points to take our small children and my mother for a 3 day last summer fling over Labor Day weekend.

We were happy with our room--good sized with a great balcony and view. (2371) The lobby was bustling with people, but the size of the resort and number of different water areas to enjoy made it seem not so busy, even over a holiday weekend.

Highlights:
--The "River Bluff water experience"--pools, children's play area and lazy river w/tubes
--Family yoga by Yoginos--awesome yoga session outdoors
--Sunday morning brunch at the Cibolo Moon ($20 adults/$10 children) w/variety of healthy selections.
--Long morning walks in and around the property along the trails. We enjoyed an impromtu tour of the organic vegetable garden by Bethany, and learned that much of what they grow is served in the restaurants

Danyelle, one of the front desk associates, was very helpful in making our reservations for the weekend, and everyone at the hotel was courteous. The concierge had directions to any place we needed to go, and the HEB Plus and Super Target are minutes away for essentials.

I felt the 3 day stay was enough for us. If planning a family vacation, I would recommend staying at the JW during the summer months when the pools are open and it's nice outdoors--I'm afraid there wouldn't be much to do otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Nice water park, good, affordable restaurants, scenic, great activities.

• Stayed: May 2011