This place isn't cheap. You're going to drop some cash while you're there, so if you're looking for the best place to stretch your dollar, this most assuredly is not it. But if you're in the position to just pay your money and then relax, then you and your whole family of all ages are going to have an absolutely fantastic time here.
We found the service to be absolutely top-notch, even during a weekend where the whole resort was booked solid. The staff had a great attitude and they were very attentive and up-beat. All of the food, including room service, was of way above average quality with a few items that were really exceptional.
The TPC course is a must for serious golfers. If you don’t play, you’re going to go insane just staring at the lush fairways from every window in the hotel, so just resign yourself to a $150 round, and you won’t regret it. The girls in our crew spent an afternoon at the spa and raved about it, and we spent two solid days at the pool and had no complaints. Three water-park quality rides and a great kiddie-pool, not to mention the fact that you can lose hours just floating the lazy river.
I’ve noticed some reviews are upset that there are not in-room movies. This ignores the fact that they have a very cool TV technology set-up in the room so that you can easily connect your DVD player, laptop, or iPad if you bring standard connectors with you, and you can watch all of your own movies. We thought this was a very cool feature. Huge HDTVs in all rooms, btw.
We had eight adults and four kids under four years old, and we all came away thinking we couldn’t have asked for a better three-day weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our restaurants are sure to please with Texas BBQ, genuine Mexican cuisine and private dining rooms for groups. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa