2,810 results
All reviewscibolo moonlazy riverhigh velocityhill countrycrooked branchtpc golf coursepool areaadult poolkids activitieskids clubbeautiful propertylounge chairslobby barlabor day weekendbusiness conferencefire pitconference center
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Went for a quick weekend getaway with some friends. Beautiful resort grounds and rooms are nice as well. Customer service was excellent. Lantana spa was very nice, spacious and relaxing. Enjoyed my spa treatments and they have the softest sheets they use on the massage table. I liked them so much that I purchased a pair for home. Husband played golf and said it was a great and challenging course. Had dinner at 18 Oaks- highly recommend the truffled cream corn and goat cheese au gratin for your sides. Breafast at Ciabolo Moon was one of the best I have had. Adults only infinty pool has great view but has small lounge area. I will be coming back real soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovejones
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We went for a few days in late May. We arrived on Memorial Day and the place was packed until late afternoon .... The rest of the week, the place was empty and it was fabulous. Rooms are nice and well kept. Food is overpriced and not much of a value.

Pool was huge with plenty of chairs, adult only pool was a nice add on. 3 watersides and lazy river were fun, but resort needs time to grown some shade. Kids will love this place, there are s'mores, activities and an arcade. Get a pool view room if possible...can be a bit loud at night, but the views are great and in the afternoon shade.

Played both golf courses. The oaks course is your typical overrated Greg Norman design, not very memorable and very cheeky (good shots punished also) The Dye course is more picturesque, a bit easier if you play well, tougher if you do not.

Would not recommend going at Memorial Day, fourth of July or labor day .... Crowds are not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The customer service at check in was nonexistent . I would advise not to stay there during a holiday weekend . The prices for the cabannas for the July 4th weekend jumped from 199.00 per day to 397.00 per day. I was quoted 3 different prices by the pool supervisor in 1 hour..,the poor customer service overall ruined my 60th birthday celebration I had planned for 1 yr. With 20 members of my family!!!

Room Tip: The rooms have poor insulation.. Don't plan on sleeping late.. Too noisy. Beds are not comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Celebrity-11
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This was a combination business/family trip: professional seminar, took the wife and grandkids (boy/15, girl/8). The staff at this location will fall over backwards to help and are very polite. I felt like I was in their home. Room had the best array of electrical/connectivity convenience I've seen--great for laptops and CPAPs. Spacious bathroom with adequate shower pressure and temp--tub and walk-in with elongated toilet bowls. Room quickly chilled down and stayed there. Double beds are a tight double, but adequate and comfortable. The drive from the airport goes quickly, and the Riverwalk is 30 minutes max if you know where to park. Lots of children...we never felt overrun by them--but we also are not as sensitive to children as others. The 8 yr old really loved this place--she was all over the pool, lazy river, and slides. We did not use the restaurants there other than for pool-side snacks.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I read the reviews and was SURE they were from particular people who were just being fussy. THe resort is gorgeous and has the potential to be first class. The pool is simply amazing and wonderful for a family with a 2 year old and a 6 year old. From there it goes down hill. The place is covered with trash. The pool has the lifeguards in charge of clean up. They are college kids who are all so giddy with each other that it kills them to pick up. One lounge chair had ketchup on it next to a stack of old food boxes. When I told the life guard to watch out for the ketchup, her response was, "yea it has been there all day. I don't want to touch and neither does anyone else.". My steak at Cibiolo Moon was burned -- they tried to tell me that it was seared. It was not edible. The manager of the resort was the WORST ever. When I told him our problems and about the reviews from online, he simply acted put out to be here. I guess that explains everything. I will contact Marriott corporate directly, but in the mean time, pack your patience and don't leave the AWESOME waterside!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family