So I've been everywhere from San Francisco to Paris and I have to say this hotel is the nicest/largest hotel I've ever experienced. I can't imagine how anyone would have anything bad to say about this place, you must be really hard to please.
First of all, just mouth will drop just driving up to the property. It is so humongous it is obscene. It is only a 20 min drive from SAT airport. The door was always opened for us and the staff was friendly and welcoming. There's a nightly $25 resort fee that includes wifi, 2 $10 drinks at the bar downstairs, access to the tennis courts plus racquets, and access to the spa fitness center classes. If you use all those things it's a great deal, if you don't it could be kind of annoying.
The rooms are about the size you would expect from a JW resort. Not humongous, but definitely a lot of room to stretch out. The bathroom had a standard sized tub and separate shower. I was a little (key word "little") annoyed that I had to call to have a second robe brought up. It would be nice to just have two in the room like most JW's I've stayed in. Our view was fantastic overlooking a small courtyard where a wedding later took place.
The pools are awesome. When you arrive an attendant gives you each two towels. I'm sure it gets packed in the summer, but when we stayed in March we really had our choice of seats. We grabbed some free tubes and went around the lazy river and hit up the waterslide a few times. There are at least 10 lifeguards on duty which is probably really nice for parents with young kids, but for us it was incredibly awkward (on one day there were maybe 50 people tops in the pool)
The sports bar is awesome and has the best tvs ever. Watched the Jazz game and had some delicious hot wings and mini sliders. The property is gorgeous at night and it is a lot of fun taking a walk around the property (it's so big it'll give you a work out). My gf loves Food network, so she thought it was very odd that they had it in the exercise room but not in the actual rooms. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a more romantic place to spend the weekend. This hotel was perfect in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the renowned resort in Texas' Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA, and just 12 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT), our luxury resort features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, home to the Valero Texas Open, Lantana Spa, a six acre water park and seven restaurants. Our restaurants are sure to please with Texas BBQ, genuine Mexican cuisine and private dining rooms for groups. Our rooms offer cozy beds, scenic views, soft robes & large bathrooms. Guests will also enjoy the open lobby with free Wi-Fi. Whether you're seeking a peaceful respite, productive conference or fun-filled family vacation, our luxurious Hill Country resort will not only exceed your expectations but redefine them altogether. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Marriott, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio