“Very nice!!”

Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sea World
Ranked #110 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Very nice!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was close to Sea World. Very nice place to stay. We enjoyed our stay and definitely would stay again. The staff is friendly and inviting. My family enjoyed the breakfast. We may be coming back to visit next month.

Stayed August 2013
Staybridge Suit... S, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel and are planning to return! We look forward to creating another great experience for you and your family and we will make sure to provide you with our wonderful breakfast buffet each morning! Please feel free to contact the hotel at any time for reservation information. Thank you again and take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Vista, CA
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Arrived at 1:30 a.m. after flight delays and had no problems checking in. This might not sound like a big deal but I've experienced over-booking at a Disney area hotel first hand, and had my room given away before I arrived at around 4:00 p.m. Ever since then it has been a source of anxiety when travelling, wondering what will happen when I get to my destination. The room was clean and spacious, beds were comfortable and the sofa bed for our daughter was the most comfortable she has ever experienced. The mattress was easily twice as thick as any other she's slept on. The breakfast bar had a good variety of choices including standard eggs, bacon/sausage, cereals, breads, pastries, waffles (in the shape of TX), yogurts, fresh fruit and more. For some reason I was especially attracted to the huge bowl of freshly cut and peeled grapefruit wedges. We were there for our nephew's graduation from Air Force Basic Military Training, so we had a couple days of very early rises to attend all the ceremonies. Together with the heat and humidity of San Antonio, our days were long and tiring. At about 11:00 p.m. the second night, when we were sound asleep, three unruly kids next door were waking the dead with their antics. We had the connecting door to their room so it sounded like they were jumping up and down on our bed. Called security and they responded immediately to get the parents to quiet their kids down. The noise continued, so I assumed the kids were in a room alone with their parents somewhere else. Unfortunately we found out that the parents were, in fact, in the room but evidently of a culture that doesn't believe in discipline. The noise level lowered a bit, but it was still there. We could have probably gotten caught up in an endless cycle of calling security all night, but we put earplugs in and hoped for the best. Hotel staff offered to move us, but we really didn't feel like it at 11:30 at night when we were getting up at 5:00 the next morning. Things quieted down eventually. Hotel Staff gladly moved us the next day since our noisy neighbors hadn't checked out. They gave us a bigger suite and even gave us a significant reduction on some snacks we bought as well. Overall the staff was extremely responsive and they saved what could have turned into a much less pleasant stay. Getting used to the stifling heat and humidity of San Antonio is exhausting enough; a bad hotel hotel experience would have made it unbearable. Thanks to everyone at Staybridge Suites Seaworld San Antonio!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank PatH84
Staybridge Suit... S, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Hello,

We have read your review and we thank you for your feedback! Our team is very pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel due to the quality of our customer service. We look forward to providing you and your family with our home away from home experience in the future if given the chance. Thank you again!
Dallas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I really wanted to give this Staybridge location a better rating due to the accomodating staff, room amenities and convenient location to Sea World.

Unfortunately, I had the unpleasant experience of my room having floors in desparate need of cleaning. I became aware of this when I picked up my toddler and noticed the soles of his feet were black! Literally, black. I then looked at my once white socks and saw the soles were also black. My husband grabbed a wet paper towel and wiped a section of the kitchenette floor and it too came up black. I can maybe understand that carpets don't get steam cleaned often, but there is no reason a tile kitchen floor should be that dirty. This also made me worry about how clean/dirty the rest of the room might be.

We brought our problem to the front desk's attention and the attendant explained that the rooms on the first floor (which we were in) are the most requested and therefore have more foot traffic. She offered to move us to another floor but we declined since we were already settled in our room and weren't planning on spending too much time in the hotel room.

Other than this issue, a previous reviewer mentioned the breakfast area is small. I agree. We visited Memorial Day weekend when there is the occupancy rate is probably higher, so we ended up taking breakfast back to our room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Irene L
Hello,

We have read you review and as a team we do apologize for the inconveniences you and your family experienced throughout your stay. We have taken the necessary action in each of our rooms to prevent this situation from happening in the future. If you would like to speak with a manager, please contact the hotel directly and we can discuss your experience via telephone. Again, we do apologize and we look forward to the opportunity of creating a better experience for you and your family in the future. Thank you.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our visit at Staybridge. A good selection at breakfast both mornings and friendly staff. Comfortable bed and a clean room. Price was within my travel budget and this location was recommended my my travel company. It wasn't close to downtown attractions, but Sea World was in the vicinity.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Roger T
Hello,

We have read you review and we thank you for your feedback! Our team is pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to providing you with the same service in the future. Thank you again!
Lakehills, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable. Staff was the friendliest that I have encountered at a San Antonio hotel. Full, hot breakfast food was wonderful. When I needed assistance in the Business Center with equipment the staff was there immediately to help me. You won't find a better place to stay in San Antonio, Texas than the Staybridge Suites Sea World.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hello,

We have reviewed your feedback from your recent stay and we are pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your time while staying at our hotel! If you are visiting San Antonio in the future we hope to see you back to provide our home away from home experience again. Thank you for your feedback!
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Although the hotel looks modern & clean the noise level throughout the hotel leaves something to be desires. Loud patron, loud elevators, semi-gracious staff. I will look elsewhere the next time I an in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you commit!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Staybridge Suit... S, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We have read and acknowledged your review and we appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the noise level in our hotel at the time of your stay and would like to prove to you that our hotel is worth your next trip to San Antonio. If you are needing to book a reservation, please call the hotel directly and ask to speak with a manager in order to get a special rate for the inconveniences you experienced. Please communicate the details of this review and from there we will be able to assist you with the discount. We look forward to accommodating you and your family!
Plano, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family of 6 took a 4 city road trip, and this hotel was by far the best hotel in which we stayed during our spring break. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was awesome! Everything was well maintained and up to date. There was a kitchenette stocked with utensils and cookware. There were two bathrooms and a sitting room in addition to the two bedrooms which made for plenty of room for my 4 children to spread out!
When we arrived at the hotel, they were having complimentary wine and beer as well as fajitas. If you opted out of the free buffet, there are plenty of chain restaurants within a stone's throw of the hotel. They also have games, books, and videos (there was a dvd player in our room!) to borrow downstairs to make your stay even more enjoyable. The BEST part to me as a mother of 4 was the FREE laundry room! All of this within minutes of downtown San Antonio and the beautiful riverwalk.
We had such a great time and will be back to this location again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Tiersa M
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to read your review and appreciate your feedback. We are happy to see that we fully accommodated your family throughout your stay with us and we look forward to being your home away from home on your next visit to San Antonio!