Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sea World
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotels.com
$240
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$132
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
  • Pool
All reviewssea worldfree laundry roombedroom suitesocial hourgym equipmentwafflesthe ice makerbusiness centerfree shuttle servicemini kitchenpleasant place to stayevery morningsized refrigeratorwasher dryermile radiuscomplimentary breakfastnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Web-searching for a hotel with smoking-allowed rooms in the San Antonio, Texas, area early October 2013 led me to this hotel. Since there was a smoking-allowed room listed as available for the date of my planned stay in late November, I booked that room and subsequently indeed received a reservation confirmation for a suite - smoking. A relative in the area had also called the hotel on the phone at that point in time and had the smoking room availability confimed.

Upon my arrival, I was asked to sign a form for the room; the form stated "non-smoking". I had brought a hardcopy of my "confirmed reservation" stating otherwise and showed that to the desk person checking me in. I was then advised that they only had three smoking rooms, with none available.

It was too late and would have taken too much time to start another search after my arrival in that area, so I reluctantly opted for the non-smoking room which was available. This would normally have been "only" extremely annoying; however, the temperatures dropped to a few degrees above freezing the first couple of mornings during my stay. The unplanned outside smoke experiences in near-freezing temperatures were mostly what prompted this review. I can well imagine a similar, but opposite, situation like that in the brutally hot San Antonio summers.

Bottom line: the confirmation for what was specifically reserved was meaningless.

However good the ameneties of this hotel may have been, they cannot compensate for what I view not only as false advertising, but as a breach of business ethics. The non-smokers might well consider how this hotel's sense of ethics might affect them.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank EricW2010
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear EricW2010,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great location. Rooms are large with plenty of space if traveling with a family. Room layout does offer privacy if needed from the couch/living area. Free breakfast which is decent. It's exactly what you paid for. I do like the evening snack hour. It's more then a snack. Good way to have an appetizer before you go out for dinner. If you are looking distance to sea world this is across highway 151 so super close! You can see the coasters from hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tracymyers
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Dolphin and the whale show is too good. The rides are also good. Please visit with your children. Must visit place in lifetime. The Shamu whale show, The Dolphin show, the Sea-lion show are must watch. Most rides are related with water activities.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect for our family. The customer service was superb. The beds were comfortable. Our room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was an added touch, which in fact was pretty tasty. We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tpbou
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed one night in a suite with my family on our visit to Sea World. The room was nice and large, and it was nice to see that even if you came unprepared for a suite visit, they had some basics that would come in handy (like pots & pans). The bed was also quite comfortable.

When we got there, there was a car parked in the fire lane right in front of the hotel. We parked and went in, and no one was at the desk. There was a sign directing us to use the phone to call the operator. After calling and listening to a pre-recorded message several times (at which point I was about to hang up, as it seemed to be on an endless loop), someone answered and came right over. She was friendly but it came across as disingenuous. There was also a line item on the bill for USA today, saying it would be delivered. If we refused it, we would get a $0.75 credit. I mentioned we didn't need the paper and were told it doesn't get delivered to our door anyways. In and of itself, not a big deal, but why have it on the paper? When my daughter and I took a swim in the pool, there were no full-sized towels available. The premium channels on the TV also had no video.

As I mentioned above, the room was spacious and the beds were comfy. The walls and ceiling, however, were paper-thin. We could seemingly hear every footstep and conversation around us. Luckily, after some time, the people around us went to sleep. My wife then left for Wal-Mart and had a tough time parking due to the aforementioned car in the fire lane, which was now joined by another car and the shuttle parked directly in front of the entrance. Breakfast the next morning consisted of fruits (including juicing oranges - not particularly good for eating), fake eggs, questionable sausage and oddly-tasting waffles.

For the money, I've stayed in less expensive places that didn't feel as cheap.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank junquem41l
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear junquem41l,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It's great to hear that you liked the comfort of our room accommodations. However, it sounds like we fell short when it comes to amenities and parking facility. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken to improve our guest experience.

Lera P