“Comfy Cozy”

Ranked #108 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
NC
“Comfy Cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's hard to believe we got all the great amenities we did at such a great price! I chose this hotel for a trip to a seminar located at the Hyatt (which ended up being super close). Sure the Hyatt is nice but for way less we got super friendly staff (the receptionist was always smiling and helpful and the food staff was also very friendly), a great room, yummy breakfast, convenient social hour, free wifi, and better cable channel selection than most hotels! I requested a quiet room on an upper floor away from elevators. I was a bit disappointed when I stepped off the elevator on the 3rd floor and saw our room right next to the elevator. It was late and I was too tired to ask for a change so we just went in. The room was nice and I hoped it would be quiet. Since we were there at an off time of year and stayed from tues to fri it did end up being super quiet....I cannot vouch for busy times. I also wasn't a fan of the fact that if you opened the door anyone in the hall or coming off the elevator could see straight into the room....we managed, but we weren't running in and out. The room itself was clean, updated and had a well appointed kitchen. The amenities made me feel at home. All in all we were super happy with the hotel. You just can't beat it for the price. We LOVED the evening social hour (offered during weekdays), it wasn't fancy but it was perfect for us. We didn't go out for dinner so we saved a ton of money! Thank you Staybridge for a great stay...we will be back next time we are in town!

Room Tip: Avoid 320 if you don't want right by the elevator w/a view straight in to the room from the hall...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tktripgoers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times, the staff are always friendly & helpful. The suites are spacious & very comfortable with a small kitchen, living room, & bedroom with bathroom. There are 2 tvs....one in living room & one in bedroom. I really like this ammenity. Free wifi, free delicious breakfast, free yummy dinner a few nights every week, & free coffee all day & night long! There is also a laundry room for guests, a gym, & a pool. This hotel is always so clean & always has a nice fresh smell. It is pet friendly, which is perfect for us! We get to enjoy the best of both worlds....we can bring our pets along on our trip & also enjoy a very nice clean place to stay. It is in a great location....very close to Sea World. Also, the best BBQ you have ever eaten in just across the street from this hotel! (Rudy's BBQ....if you haven't eaten there then I highly recommend you give it a try!!)
No complaints at all! Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I've stayed here several times....I have found all the rooms to be equally comfortable. No compl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank z28blondie
Temecula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My hat is off to the General Manager, Amanda Hopkins and her staff. I had occasion to stay there recently while in San Antonio for a wedding. I found the layout of the room and the amenities in it to exceed my expectations. There was an apartment size refrigerator, an electric cook top and microwave, along with a desk and another table. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was bigger than most queen sized beds and was perfect. However, I was most impressed by the people that work here. Many properties offer a free breakfast but are just waiting to close it down at the appointed hour. Not at this place. They even provide a small bag for you to take something on the go. We sat for 45 minutes after closing and food was still out.My only caveat is to make sure you understand the Texas turnarounds and loops on the street layouts. This can cause confusion when using your GPS.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Took family along on business. Got to hotel late and they had to upgrade us to a two bedroom suite. Nice....kids went crazy. Room was great and a full breakfast was great. When breakfast time is over...it's over. I went back for a refill of coke and they cut off the machine and avoided me like the plague...funny. All in all great time here. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MommasTripn
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Lets start with the Pros.... Nice suites across the highway from Sea World. Available in a studio, one bedroom or two bedroom suite. Small kitchen with most essentials in every room.The staff was relatively friendly and worked hard to please us. A free breakfast was included with the stay. The food was good in relation to other "free" breakfasts I have experienced in the past. During the week (Mon - Thurs) they offer a light dinner for those who decide to not venture out. For families this property is across from Sea World and they provide a shuttle service to and from if you choose to use it. The conveinance of being dropped off and picked up at the front door is well worth the tip we dished out. There is also a pool outside although we did not utilize it. Parking for your own vehicle is $15 at the park. For the business traveler the WIFI was free and seemed to work OK. There is a new password every day. A big kudos to the hotel for offering free draft beer and wine for a short while after work during the week. There were very few cons and almost not work mentioning.... There really isnt anything in walking distance but plenty of restaurants and department stores within 5 miles. We did have an issue with our room not being ready for our stay. While an inconvienance to us, the staff worked hard to fix the issue. We had a few minor noise issues in the hall and above us but that is expected in a hotel across from Sea World. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Suspect_7
Minocqua, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We are just finishing a long term stay here. Lots of good things to say.

The rooms are spacious. We had a king studio with plenty of room to get around, not too cramped. The room was in really good condition which I was a little surprised about given how busy it is and the amount of use they get. Kudos to the maintenance staff. We did have an issue with the air conditioning in our first suite but they front desk were quick to respond and allowed us to move rooms no problem. They even offered to do it for us if we had all our things packed up, we declined but the gesture was nice.

Breakfast is included daily and the selection is good. Fresh fruit, baked goods, eggs and meat, waffles, cottage cheese, yogurt, you name it. they even have pre-packed to go bags set out if you are heading out the door early. The evening social on Tuesday-Thursday is fantastic. Rates up there as one of the best. The food is good, beer and wine provided and the salad fixings are the best we've seen and this type of hotel. Definite thumbs up to the kitchen!

The courtyard and pool area are very nice. There is a lot of comfortable seating and the way the building is situated offers lots of shade, nice in hot Texas. Pool was a little chilly but the man stocking the towels offered to turn the heat up. Laundry is free which is a great perk.

Internet is good most of the time. Sometimes it is a little iffy and you get kicked off, but you can quickly log in again no problem.

Housekeeping is different compared to a short term stay hotel, but the usual for long term. One a week full clean, trash removal, clean towels and bed making the rest of the week. We asked for an additional full clean once, no problem.

Everyone here was very friendly. Always smiling and saying hello. Every time we saw an employee in the elevator they struck up a conversation with us.

Food options are limited in the immediate area but just few miles to the north is everything you need from restaurants to Target to an HEB grocery.

Guests were mostly adults during the week but several families stayed on the weekends. We were here while school was in session so it may not hold true for summer.

It would definitely stay here if in the area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Cpccarly
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Top notch suite hotel. I'm a business traveler who still has high standards when doing family travel (family with 4 small kids under 10, one kid with special needs).

First encounter was pricing. Competitors offered similar 2 bedroom suites online for about $60/night lower. I called and asked if they could match. Manager called the next morning and came close enough to make it worthwhile for me.

Checkin was quick. They had butchered my name, even though I gave my membership number at reservation.

The room was impressive on checkin. Cleanliness was very good. I had no problem giving my child a bath - usually I hate putting my feet in the tub, much less a child. My measures of bathroom quality include good water pressure in the shower (check), hooks for robes/clothes (check), enough towels, which are clean, large and soft (check), and a tub that drains well (check). Upholstered furniture had some stains, but sheets smelled and looked very clean. Beds are on an actual bedframe, so they were a bit squeaky, and not as firm as some I've experienced, but no major dents/dips either. Pillows were all the soft kind, no options for firm pillows. (I didn't call to ask, so they may have had some they could have sent up.) Air conditioning was a bit noisy and a bit out of balance (one room colder than the other two).

Kitchen was perfectly clean and reasonably appointed. 4 sets of dishes/cups for a 2 bedroom suite; typically we would get a set of 6, but I bet we could have gotten more dishes had we asked.(we just ended up washing some) The kitchen area had an odd layout, most places with a 2 bedroom suite would have a table that seats 4, but this location had a bar/island that only let 2 people eat at a time. Not ideal with four kids but there was a coffee table, an end table and a desk in one bedroom so we made it work.

Bedrooms: 2 queens in one bedroom with a desk, a king in the other, with plenty of space for the pack n play we brought. Disappointing to hear that the hotel does not have rollaways available. We requested one, but the hotel said that since the sofa pulls out, they don't make a rollaway available. We would have used the rollaway for a child in the second bedroom, rather than have him in the middle living room to sleep. Other suite hotels with a similar layout can accommodate this request.

Rooms generally spacious, generously sized even compared to similar 2 bedroom suites we've booked in the past 2 years. Each bathroom had a sink with drawer space and good counter space.

Soundproofing: We were bothered the second night by children running loudly and frequently overhead. We called the front desk around 10:15pm, and they took care of it immediately. (the running started again around 7am, but honestly, with the location next to SeaWorld, I guess it's to be expected. They said they put business/long term stay guests on the 4th floor so they aren't bothered by the families with kids). No sound from outside the hotel. A bit of light leakage from the curtains, the bedrooms were not completely darkened.

Evening social snacks were very good Thursday night. They offered wine and beer, multiple selections, nothing super fancy but better than only Bud Light which I have seen at competitors' locations. Choices that night included pesto pizza and greek salad. I overheard a long term stay guest say this was one of their better offerings. Many guests seemed to be enjoying the social hour.

Breakfast buffet both days was good. Typical breads/rolls/muffins, cereals, yogurt, fruit, eggs and breakfast meats. Nothing fancy but it was plentiful and the buffet was kept stocked and very clean. Overrun and not enough seating on Saturday morning around 8am. Again, see: SeaWorld location and families.

Location was perfect, across the street from SeaWorld, only a few blocks from a grocery store and drugstore, easy access, but completely quiet (no highway noise).

Free wifi. Super slow the first night (was someone streaming a movie next door?) but generally acceptable the next 2 days.

In all, I'd happily stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family