“Great place to stay with the family for Sea World”

Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld
Ranked #147 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I visited San Antonio with my kids 6months, 3 & 5 year olds, along with my wife and my in-laws. We had two rooms we chose a two room king bed suite so we could put the kids to bed and stay up a godsend after two dreadful nights in the Holiday Inn market square. The room was very clean and to a very high standard. The staff were very helpful and polite. Overall a very good, comfortable and relaxing stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Aston_Martin0001, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post your most recent stay and LOVE that we get to ignite the expectations of guests. We are built for the traveling family with our fully equipped kitchens, outdoor pool and 24-Hour Cupboard for those late night snack cravings. But most importantly, treat you and your family as members of our own.

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld

Reviewed July 30, 2013

As a traveler that stays weeks, even months at a time in a hotel, I frequent this chain. I booked a reward night on a recent road trip. I would not stay at this hotel again even for one night. It was extremely noisy. Yes, there are alot of excited folks visiting the wonderful attractions of Seaworld and Fiesta, Tx, but c'mon people. Make your children use their 'inside voices' after 10 pm. And don't turn on your television full blast and leave it on all night. Don't slam doors, and don't yell and run in the hallways! On top of the noise level, I realized that after putting on white socks in the morning, wandering from the coffee pot to the tv, computer, etc, the socks turned black on the bottom. The carpeting must have been filthy. There was melted soap in the soap holder in the shower. Not sure how long it had been that that soap holder had been cleaned. I was leery of using any of the dishware or utensils after that. Not sure if they had been run through the dishwasher after the last guest left. I know Candlewood can't help their guests behavior at time, but they can sure try better to keep the place clean!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Paige H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept our deepest apologies for the noise issues you had encountered during your stay. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had family in town for Graduation and they stayed at this hotel. At first glance they thought it was nice, however after their 2 day stay the kids started itching severally. Took them to the doctor who informed may family members that they had BED BUGS. Not cool at all. Spend the little extra and stay at the Holiday Inn Express right next door.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CWD_SeaWorld_MGR, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your response regarding your most recent stay. Due to the heavy storms then immediate drastic heat; anything can land in a room. We have reviewed all our guests rooms and have put a precedence on making sure this does not affect any of our upcoming arrivals so that you can fully enjoy your experience here at Candlewood Suites.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We arrived around 3:30pm after a long drive. After checking in I was advised that my room was not yet cleaned. I was told to have a seat in the lobby. I have noticed that there was a large party in the same situation as well. Come 500 pm still no room. I told the receptionist how can u have your check in time around 3pm and no rooms for your guest. She just said sorry. The room we were assigned was terrible. The beds sheets were not changed just fixed and made to look like they changed it. The people cleaning did a band aid fix. I found hair and dirt in bed sheets almost looked like dead bugs. I asked if there was other rooms available and was told that they are fully booked. Went online to find out they where still offering rooms at the same rate for stay in hotel. I am disgusted and almost tempted to stay away from the ihg. I currently hold gold status and have been using the ihg chains for a few years now. I was so upset and disgusted with the service and the hotel we decided to stay one night and check out and move Marriott. Any one out there might want to reconsider Marriott you never go wrong they are consistent with their chains of hotel even the ones independently owned. Steer clear of the hotel or else u might be bringing home additional (bed bugs) friends. Poorly unkept hotel and they do not changed their bed sheets just re makes the bed.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you first and foremost for taking the time to provide a raw and honest feedback of your last experience with us. I want to apologize for such an exhausting check-in experience; especially with your already HIGHER IHG standards of expectation. We have definitely fell short on representing the brand and we are only to make this right for YOU and the rest of our guests. Please contact myself, directly on a remedy for you and your family, as this does not end with a simple conversation/post online. We want to truly uphold our standards of excellence and this was not a reflection of that by any means. -Pia, General Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here for a week for a graduation, the room was very large, beds were comfortale, very reasonably priced. Everyone working there was very friendly. very convienent to my cousins home, and next to a starbucks for my morning coffee.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CWD_SeaWorld_MGR, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to send out your compliments regarding our staff and hotel. I'm glad to know we took care of you and your family especially during a happy event such as a graduation. We are extremely excited of the Starbucks right next door and take advantage of them as much as possible too! Hope to see you on your next visit to San Antonio and looking forward to saying, "HELLO!".

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My room was not ready at check in, was given a dirty room after my wait! Came back to complain and there was a line of people in the same situation. Asked for manager to contact me, never heard a peep. I have called several times to express my frustration, but the so called management is always in a meeting... All I wanted was an apology. Do yourself a favor avoid the mayhem, these people can't handle a semi busy holiday weekend.

Room Tip: avoid the stairwells and elevator. kids running rampant with no supervision. stay off the top floor...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank devin n
CWD_SeaWorld_MGR, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We can definitely appreciate your comments here and take this matter at the utmost sincerity and empathy. We strive to make our check-ins consistent and with ease and I apologize that this did not reflect upon your arrival; nor if you were contacted by myself or a member of our management team. I would like you to gain your trust in us as this is not a true reflection of our operations but can definitely appreciate your concerns toward this. As managers, we empower our agents to handle situations especially if we are not available and will mend this as we fell short of that expectation.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and i just returned from a stay at this hotel during cinco de mayo weekend. We usually stay in this area because my wife has family close by. We knew that this was a new hotel so we decided to check it out. We had a king room that was very large and had lots of room. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were hard.The staff was very friendly and we never had any problems. Only downside is the limited parking in front of the hotel which was a concern due to recent vehicle break ins in the area. Most of the time i parked at the hotel next door because i did not want to park my vehicle in the back of the hotel. Overall the hotel was nice and the rooms were very large and spacious and i would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CWD_SeaWorld_MGR, General Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments towards our staff and hotel. We and our surrounding hotels in the area are experiencing the same city-wide affects of parking lot break-ins and appreciate your understanding towards this huge epidemic. But, as your experience portrays; we are focused to making sure you feel safe and content during your time away from home.