“Good Location for SeaWorld”

Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW Near Seaworld
Ranked #151 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Stayed there for a weekend while visting a good friend because it was half a mile from his home.. I stayed in a double bed suite room which contained a full size refridgerator, Sink, electric stove & microwave oven..It comes stocked complete with dishes and everything you need to cook a meal if u decide not to eat out.. The room was nice size on the 4th floor facing north. For my room rate and the purpose of just sleeping & showering while in town, the hotel did the trick. This was my first time staying a a Candlewood Suite hotel so I was impressed to find the Mini Kitchen in the room.. The only thing I did not like was the bathroom towels and wash cloth's. They seemed rough and were not like other hotels towels and wash cloth's. Aside from the that, the hotel staff was friendly, the use of the washer and dryer were free ( just buy ur own detergent ), and the mini store in the lobby for quick food items was great. The hotel is a good choice if plan on not eating out everyday since as mentioned has a mini kitchen to prepare meals for your self, family or kids.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tja209

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stayed here for a week in late October 2011 mainly for business mixed with house hunting. Was disappointed at the smaller size of the "suite," but got over it fairly quickly. The kitchen included an electric 2-burner stovetop, full size sink, full size refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. They supplied the dishes, pots, pans, and utensils. The bathroom was typical hotel fare, but only had one sink - a bummer when you have multiple people getting ready together. Water pressure was good and temp was good too. However, hard water is an issue for showering. They have laundry and exercise rooms within the same controlled space which is good - you can put on a load of clothes and go exercise while your clothes are being laundered. They also have a small two-computer business center. On-line service was erratic. So was the free wireless connectivity. But, can't make it a big complaint when it is provided free. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Although they warn you that maid service is provided weekly (on Tuesdays), whenever we needed something (like extra towels or pillows) they brought them to the room. The iron worked well - actually better than the usual hotel type irons I have used at more expensive places like Hilton and Hyatt - so I was surprised at that.

Room Tip: The back parking lot has more parking than out front (which has very little).
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank LivinginSanAntonio
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Upon checking in there was a group of rowdy people at the pool all drinking, I have two small children so that meant no swimming for us. The room was what i expected. It appeared clean and was a good size. This all changed when entering the bathroom there were still dirty towels hanging on the shower rod. So that lead me to believe the shower had not been cleaned. When traveling i always pull covers down and check everything, the sheets were clean but had stains on them. We stayed several days and the pool was always occupied by people drinking, or having a party i should say. The laundry facilities were nice. It was close to Sea World and eating establishments. The only other complaint is that we paid for the room using points, so our stay was free (so I wont complain too much) but then they also charged us full price for the room to our credit card. Had to dispute with credit card company to get it resolved. Which it finally did. If just a little care was given to the hotel it would be a great place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank armommyoftwoboys
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My husband and I moved in on April 25 and are still here in July. When we got here the pool was closed due to uncleaned broken glass. Trash was not picked up which I did myself. The pool was closed at 10:00 pm but never enforced. The elevator was constantly out of order and the rooms were supposedly cleaned once a week but had to be reminded every week.
The staff was very nice but ineffectual. We went without hot water once for 12 hours. Some things were very nice but there were many problems. I often cleaned the patio area myself and actually emptied the patio trash myself since it was overflowing.
I believe some of the problems occured because the owners were opening a Holiday Inn Express next door and that is where their concerns lie. In the mean time, we at the Candlewood Suites were the "poor relatives".

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank debbiedoescoffee
Reviewed June 15, 2011

stayed here with family on trip to San Antonio with Sea World as the main attraction. Staff at check in was super friendly. When I got to the room I thought it was smaller than the ones I saw pictures of on the website. I went down to discover the picture is of a different Candlewood. The only suite with a separate room is the single King. We needed the dual Queens. The kitchen and bbq grill by the pool were used and worked well. Shishkabobs on the grill were a treat that made some of the other tenants jealous and then I saw them do it the next night. The bathroom counter is unusually high and I had to rig a stool for the kids to be able to brush teeth. Pool was a hit with the kids and we ate dinner out there by it twice. The wife used the laundry and work-out facilities and was happy with both. All of the staff is so friendly and helpful - it makes you wonder why other places are not so nice. I would definitely recommend this place. Especially if you are in a group or family visiting SWSA and the sites. About 20min drive to park at the riverwalk and about 10min to Sea World. Holiday Inn Express and Sonic share the Lot and some of the parking.

Room Tip: have them fax a floorplan brochure to you 1st
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rccola_texas
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Close to Six Flags, a mall, and tons of restaurnats. The extra space in the room from the kitchen is always a plus. Room was clean and comfortable. The pool area is at a high point in the area, so it gets pretty windy, but in San Antonio, a breeze is always welcome.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DeeOhGee
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I chose this Candlewood instead of the ones closer to downtown because of all of the vehicle break in reports (much $$$ in tools in my work truck). I didn't have any problems with that here and didn't notice any broken glass in the parking lot.The staff here are awesome and will bend over backwards to make sure your happy (unless you're a jerk). My only complaints were the doors seem thin, and have a large gap underneeth. I was woken up several times by a lady yelling at her dog every day, and just about every morning by screaming kids running down the hall. I imagine the hotel being close to Sea World doesn't help. If you need to use the internet for anything more than browsing the web it is SLOW. I had to go elsewhere to upload some paperwork because of the extremely slow connection. Overall it wasn't too bad. it's a Candlewood so free laundry, a cupboard to purchase snacks, fitness center, and an outdoor pool. Not much dining within walking distance, just a bar, and Sonic.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business