“Do not choose this hotel, it's the dirtiest place you will find”

Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area
Ranked #183 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Do not choose this hotel, it's the dirtiest place you will find”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights, we can only tell you that this hotel is the dirtiest place where we have ever stayed. I pulled out a drawer to place our clothes inside and there were more than 10 underwares from other guest. The bathroom had hair on the sink and also in the drawers. The next day we arrived very late to realized that our room was not cleaned, they said that rooms were cleaned only once a week.
We feel this hotel rip us of, they should not even charge people for staying there. We are extremly mad. The pictures in their website are TOTALLY deceiving so do not believe what you see in their site.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, never, ever.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Edgar V
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear EDGAR V,

Thank you for posting your comments. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill our guests requests.

It is very disappointing that you have encountered so much trouble during your stay. We value cleanliness so much that all our staff pay special attention to every detail so we can provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests. As such, we are sincerely concerned when we fell short of your expectations. I am truly sorry for all the shortfalls during your stay.

Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We hope that you give us another chance so we can show you what we have done.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I wont ever stay here again,reserved a room with two beds and a sofa bed,ended up with a queen size bed and a recliner.it was 4 of us in the room! hallways stink i guess cause of all the pets that where at the hotel,room was dirty,i didnt even bother to complain. i had already read the reviews but i wanted to give this hotel the benefit of the doubt,but the Tripadvisor community was right!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear neveragain52,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the room assignments. Kindly be assured that we that all your comments are being reviewed by the management and actions will be taken accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.
Haskins, Ohio
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review as I lay awake in bed at Candlewood Suites while my ears are being pounded with dance club music from a bar just down the hill. Misery. I called down to the front desk to see if we could switch rooms to the side that does not face this bar but unfortunately they are sold out in this crappy, poorly maintained hotel.

At the very least a hotel should provide a decent nights sleep for the visitor; however this clearly won't happen here. If you like to sleep at night, avoid this hotel. If you are traveling with children, avoid this hotel. If you like to party all night and don't mind not getting a wink of sleep, this hotel is for you!

As a side note, the floors are dirty, bed spreads are cheap polyester of some sort, and the front desk is not helpful(come on if a bar is disturbing guests from sleeping you think they would make a noise complaint at the very least). AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank scorpio84ashley
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear scorpio84ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the customer service you received from our staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the departments concerned to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2013

So many little things wrong with this hotel: the desk was overwhelmed by the telephone with no time for guests, the room smelled from some sort of heavy, heavy deodorizing spray, the pillowcases stunk from head smell, no spoons (and this was supposed to be a "home away from home") the bed was lumpy, the A/C/Heat didn't work properly, the refrigerator cycled and thumped all night long, the alarm clock didn't work. All in all, it was a miserable night spent here.
I DO think that overall the place was clean. The cleaning staff tried to be accomodating wrt the pillowcases (even if it took three tries and two hours). This spray that they used I have experienced in very high traffic hotels like Circus, Circus. It tells me they have a problem. Oh, and no breakfast. And lots of dogs. Thankfully no flea bites to deal with and this is why I do say that the place is primarily clean. Of course, this was on a Tuesday...no telling what it would be like on a busy weekend.

AND YET...their location COULD be great for travelers. This Stone Oak area is an up and coming part of town and if you wait until after "rush" is over, the trip into center city is 15 minutes. Holiday Inn...I expect better from you. You can make a diamond out of this location with some minor adjustments and attention to detail. Get on it!!!

Room Tip: Make sure that you request a room away from Highway 281 if you are a light sleeoer. Otherwise, it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites San Antonio N - Stone Oak Area, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear itkah,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I would tell any one and everyone to go stay here if they are in san antonio.. This room was so clean and the staff was the best... I could honestly live there in that hotel and be super happy...I have stayed at many places when traveling but this place was beyond the best.. This place was so clean u could take a white glove and find not a piece of dirt. All I could say is the people that work for this company and own this place I give yall 100 stars...

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank marcella38
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here while in town from Dallas for a bowling tournament. As has been our experience with Candlewood Suites, this property did not disappoint. From the warm welcome to the amazing view from atop the hill, our stay was convenient and comfortable. The lobby and our room was spacious, neat and well organized. The courteous front desk staff was very accommodating in providing directions to the bowling center and other nearby attractions. I would highly recommend this property and in fact already have to some acquaintances that are planning a trip there in the near future.

Henn and Whit

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris T
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed in Nov for 1 night and they totally took care of me. The room was perfect and clean. I am in process of a possible move so I came to check things out in Bulverde and this hotel was so eeasy to get to. I may need to stay for a few month soon and if I do I will definately stay here! THE PRICE IS RIGHT! The are affordable and SO FRIENDLY! I can bring my pup with me too next time, hooray! Thanks guys and I will be back and I recommend to stay here!

Room Tip: Front side has an amazing view of the city!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business