“Sunday, San Antonio, and superb Italian cuisine”
Review of Il Sogno Osteria

Il Sogno Osteria
Ranked #214 of 4,783 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I ate here yesterday afternoon, and was more impressed than the one star granted by Texas Monthly. My partner had the pea risotto, and I had the taggaltelli and meatballs. Both were as my partner paraphrased "OMG". Service was outstanding and friendly. Make a point to stop by, I am told they do a Saturday breakfast, and if I am ever in town I will be there.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Sunday afternoon lunch was very good. My risotto with shrimp and calamari was perfect. Every ingredient was cooked perfectly, including the shrimp, which people sometimes can't get quite right. My friend's salmon was beautiful and served crispy skin-side up.

Chris, our waiter, was a professional, knew the menu inside and out, and was very attentive. Perhaps a bit verbose, but that's okay. Very efficient.

I'll be back. It's a little on the expensive side, but they deliver the goods.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I’ve only done breakfast here, and I’m a regular. The quality is really top-notch. You will pay for it, but you don’t feel like you got taken. The polenta is like butter, and dropping an egg in that with prosciutto is so simple yet genius (sauce, if offered, on the side). The pancake is nice, if huge, and I try and remember to get the hazelnut butter on the side. The french-press is really one of the best cups of joe in town. If I need a great week-day place to hold a breakfast meeting, there is no question in my mind where I’m going.

2  Thank ArcRider
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

That's the only word that you can use for this place. Delicious rich flavors, excellent service, and great atmosphere. Enjoy!

1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We loved the fresh ingredients and obvious quality of the food prepared here. This restaurant is a perfect special occasion or date night restaurant. I would not recommend taking children here.

1  Thank Meg A