“Ok, not overly impressed”
Review of Il Sogno Osteria

Il Sogno Osteria
Ranked #223 of 4,645 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
New Braunfels, TX
“Ok, not overly impressed”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

First of all, the service was great. Our party of 4 was seated promptly with our reservation and the staff was great. The food.. Polenta app. was wonderful and the highlight of our meal.
Calamari was not seasoned enough and a little bland. Pizza was just ok. Dough tasted ok but not crispy like oven fired should be.

• Visited December 2013

“Rich Decadence!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

So many options! Mushroom lasagna, squash ravioli, roasted chicken and truffle fries! The best way to enjoy everything is to invite family along and take nibbles of their entree, with their blessing. (But you didn't hear that from me) Don't forget about their insane wine selection!
Definitely give this place a try!

Visited March 2013
San Antonio, TX
“Fantastic food, good with large groups”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on business with a large group. The food was fantastic, and the wine selection superb. The service was attentive, and we were a demanding bunch. I'm looking forward to trying a lower key date night at this place. Try drinks at the Blue Box before dinner (within short walking distance). Reservations recommended on the weekend.

Visited September 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Yummy Breakfast...not so hot waitstaff”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Took our dear friend from California for breakfast, which is always a delicious treat. Food, as usual, was suburb, but not our waiter. We were the only table that was not offered citrus slices for our water. We waited and waited, but to no avail, no fruit slices for us! I don't know if there was a breakfast special, none was ever mentioned. I had the omelette, which was delicious but arrived lukewarm! Everyone else's food was perfectly done. It also took an incredibly long time for the food to arrive, but it was worth waiting for. At the end of the meal the waiter brought the check, which we happily paid but were appalled to hear him ask us if we wanted change. That horrible phrase is something I have never heard and certainly would not expect to hear in an Andrew Weissman establishment. The icing on the cake was the toilet bowl brush (uncovered) sticking out from behind the toilet in the ladies room! Andrew, I hope you will take notice!!!

• Visited November 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Best Italian in San Antonio.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I were having a date night. I said I wanted Italian and we were in the Pearl area. We stumbled on this place and holy moly am I glad we did! It was literally the best Italian I have had in San Antonio and many other places. It was spectacular. We got the appetizer sampler and told the waitress to bring us her favorites. She did not disappoint. I still dream about it daily. This is a perfect place for a romantic date.

Please keep in mind that this is an upscale restaurant. You will want to dress appropriately and be prepared to spend a little money. We got the shared appetizer plate, drinks, and two entrees for I believe around $100. There were some young children there, but they seemed out of place. I don't have an issue with children, but you may want to make this more of a date place. On the night we were there, they didn't start seating until 6pm.

If I were to say anything negative, I would say that I prefer a little more of a relaxed environment. But, that is just a personal preference. :-)

• Visited October 2013