“Pleasant Surprise”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 4, 2013

So, I'll be the first to admit that I thought this was a seafood place because I thought Osteria was the Spanish word for oyster, but I was happy to see that they had legit Italian! The pizza was amazing, and I'm very tempted to go back if for nothing else than the bean spread and focaccia! Going back soon!

There are newer reviews for Il Sogno Osteria

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I love Italian food and it was fantastic. The staff was amazing and just the right amount of attentive. Our waiter even suggested a delicious bottle of wine that accompanied our meal perfectly. We are new to fine dining and after that experience I suggest one salad (between two) and appetizers to share. The proportions are massive, so share and everyone get different things. This was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We celebrated daughter's 21st birthday beginning with breakfast on a Saturday morning. My wife thinks their lattes are the best around, with strong expresso shots. The french toast, omelettes, and pancakes are superb. I loved their steamed hot chocolate!

1  Thank Richard_Temple_TX
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Acclaimed local chef Andrew Weissman has put together a stylish and attractive restaurant in Il Sogno, with authenticity to the classic Italian osteria as his model. That goal is handily accomplished in the cozy and sophisticated Il Sogno, and from the elegant premises to the gracious and attentive wait staff, the Il Sogno experience is memorable and worthwhile. Ingredients are super high quality and locally sourced with an emphasis on organics, and the end result reflects these forward-thinking choices. Our one quibble is that the entrees we ordered (Risotto with Shrimp and a ravioli-like pasta with goat cheese and shaved black truffles) seemed to be too richly dosed with heavy cream. Missing, it seemed, was the emphasis (as with many other restaurants these days) on having the richness intact while cutting back a bit on the creamy waves of saturated fat. Don't get me wrong - the flavor was stellar, but we knew a "food hangover" was on the way. Il Sogno will be a most satisfying stop if you want rich food and perhaps have time to take a nap after your meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent a lot of money on a poor meal. The duck was not rare it was Raw!. when you can't chew it because it is rubbery and undercooked it is beyond rare and the waiter should have seen that and accommodated. Pricey and under impressed!

1  Thank Kathie S