“Pretty good but too expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles

Il Sogno Osteria
Ranked #163 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Pretty good but too expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

OK, so I live in San Francisco, I'm used to paying more for fine dining. But this is San Antonio at San Francisco prices. So, my $10 salad was small, and overly salted. My rabbit was also overly salted, but it was a very big portion of rabbit. My husband says his monkfish was amazing and the best he's every had, and that the tomato sauce was out of this world. My mother can't get over the fact that the gnocchi are not like the gnocchi she is used to, they were pan fried discs of polenta, "gnocchi a la Romana", according to our waiter. She also felt she had hardly any pork on her plate. None of the other three in our party made comment about their entrees, either good or bad.
But, the dining room is lovely, though loud, and the service was excellent and friendly.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

new albany, indiana
“Pleasant surprize”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

It is on the Riverwalk and a nice break from the typical Tex-Mex fare and Bar-b-Que joints. I ordered the trout and it was tasty and a generous portion. My dining companions ordered the beef tenderloins and were very happy. Service was prompt, friendly and very accommodating.

• Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Newer End of Riverwalk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Il Sogno is at the newer, less crowded end of the Riverwalk in the Pearl Brewery Building. Parking across the street. Nice, contemporary style. Very good selection of Italian food. Excellent service. We were nine.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank CFeld68
San Antonio, Texas
“Andrew is tops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

One of Andrew Wiesman's new creations, located in the Pearl Complex next to the San Antonio River, provides excellent service with food to match. My wife Joan and I had lunch there to celebrate our anniversary on March 22d. Our server, Stephanie was wonderful, attentive and had answers to all our questions. Not a slip up occurred during a very enjoyable meal and upon leaving, Chef Wiesman had time to bid us a fond goodby from the kitchen. We were favorably impressed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank tgates5
Cibolo, Texas
“Not worth the hefty price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm a value guy. I have no problem shelling out dough for great value. This place is a hoax.
Food - Most likely a chef created the menu but there are burger flippers in kitchen preparing it
- EXTREMELY small portions. My fiancé ordered a pasta and (no lie) 5 small stuffed pasta nuggets came in a bowl. She has never finished before me and yet she was done (no lie) in less than 2 min.
- food was decent but no worth the fine dining price

Atmoshere
- For San Antonio its kinda nice. Not very nice. It's small and stuffy

Olive Garden service. Nothing special
- Manager was complaining about an employee 2 feet from us just 30 seconds after walking in the front door.
- Amatuers who think as long as they wear a button up white shirt with black pants means they're high end
- Took a very long time before server greeted our table
- didn't know how to open the price gauged bottle of wine

Took fiancé out for our 5 yr anniversary and left disappointed. If you knew us, then you'd know we are VERY easy to please. If you have money in place of toilet paper, then you wouldn't mind this place. You'll prob want to stop and get fast food on way home though

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Greg G

Been to Il Sogno Osteria? Share your experiences!