I travel a lot for business and have stayed in a variety of hotels, and motels across the country and in other countries around the world, this was one of the worst.
Very little staff working was the first thing I noticed. The Bar was closed at 8:30PM on a Thursday evening, no one working in the coffee/snack store- I saw one employee and she was working the counter.Very unfriendly service at check in. Fans in all the halls blowing around the damp musty odor( Hotel must have a problem with water leaking in) Dimly lit hallways. The room was large enough but very poorly decorated. Looks like they tried to renovate on a very small budget. Mold in Bathroom, telephone by bed didn't work, Remote for TV didn't work, thin cheap towels, Internet was not reliable and took an hour to get online to check email( although it was free internet which I think all hotels should offer their guests). USB port on desk to charge phone didn't work. One bar of soap( I think there should always be two at a hotel. Cracks in walls, carpets dirty, Carpet in hallways was filthy. Ordered room service because I was hungry and didn't want to go out when I first arrived- tired from traveling- food was terrible- drink was presented on tray in a paper cup. Before arriving I had planned to eat breakfast at the hotel but after the terrible room service and lack of employees working at this hotel I decided not to risk eating their breakfast and went elsewhere. If the price of the hotel was dirt cheap then I would expect this and would not write a review , but for the money and the location and because this is a large reputable chain, this hotel is a rip-off and grossly under the standards I believe Sheraton has. Stay across the street at the Hyatt Place or somewhere else closer to the Riverwalk. This hotel isn't in a terrible location but it's not on the Riverwalk as it's name implies it's several blocks away (4 or 5).This hotel needs a management overhaul and some serious renovations to bring it up to par with it's competitors. Other guests that were to stay at the hotel that I was meeting in San Antonio left this property and stayed at another hotel downtown because they were disgusted by the smell. I was only there for two nights and I toughed it out but was extremely disappointed by this Sheraton property. Hope this helps someone avoid ruining part of their trip to the great city of San Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area has completed a multi-million dollar renovation and full upgrade of the hotel to become the newest Marriott product in Downtown San Antonio. Our great location puts you in the heart of San Antonio attractions and just steps away from the famous Riverwalk, the legendary Alamo, and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Enjoy our all-suites hotel, the very spacious king or double queen suites featuring a microwave and mini-refrigerator, wet bar, separate living room with sleeper sofa, two HDTVs in every suite, free WiFi, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour business center, beautiful outdoor pool and sundeck, complimentary breakfast bar, and evening cocktail lounge. Some of the best locally owned and popular restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. The SpringHill Suites promises greater comfort and enhanced productivity, leaving you in control of your experience at the hotel. Enjoy Marriott Rewards and a most rewarding stay in our beautiful new hotel, SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton San Antonio Downtown Hotel San Antonio
- 4 Points By Sheraton San Antonio Downtown