Was recently here for a business trip with my husband. The hotel is not in the best part of town. It desperately needs major updating and cleaning as the rugs are filthy. In the halls as well as in the room. I wore white socks while inside the hotel room and the bottoms were black . The hall carpets are black with grime no matter where you are in the facility. They charge $10.00 for breakfast which is pretty much continental. You can make a waffle and they did have very dry scrambled eggs and bacon. All out in warming trays. We were extremely disappointed. The food was not good. There really is no breakfast places in this area. we had a two-room suite. The only good thing I can say about the room is the bed and pillows was incredibly comfortable. Did not ever have a bad nights sleep and we were there for a few days. It was nice having a tv in the sitting area as well as the sleeping area. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom vanity with sink is outside the bathroom in between the sleeping area and sitting room. There were baskets on the floor under the sink with a roll of toilet tissue some wash cloths and two hand towels and a hair dryer.. When we arrived there was no soap in the room.
The bathroom had a toilet and tub with a handheld shower. I believe we had an handicap accessible room. I don,t know how it is handicap accessible. in the toilet area there is a large shower seat that would need to be carried across and lifted into the tub to use for bathing. also the towels are on a rack over the toilet and then there were three hooks high on the walls on which to hang the towels. If a person could mange setting all this up you then have to get the handheld shower off the wall which is placed at least 7 feet high up the wall. The water took quite a while to get hot and once it was hot it only came out of the shower in a weak stream .
At one point the toilet tissue needed to be refilled. We took the extra roll but the guest cannot put it in the caddy. It has a key lock. I left it on the shower chair which was next to the toilet expecting the maid to put it on the caddy. Nope. It stayed on the chair next to the toilet. Then to top it off they disabled our room keys a day early. I would not recommend this establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area has completed a multi-million dollar renovation and full upgrade of the hotel to become the newest Marriott product in Downtown San Antonio. Our great location puts you in the heart of San Antonio attractions and just steps away from the famous Riverwalk, the legendary Alamo, and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Enjoy our all-suites hotel, the very spacious king or double queen suites featuring a microwave and mini-refrigerator, wet bar, separate living room with sleeper sofa, two HDTVs in every suite, free WiFi, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour business center, beautiful outdoor pool and sundeck, complimentary breakfast bar, and evening cocktail lounge. Some of the best locally owned and popular restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. The SpringHill Suites promises greater comfort and enhanced productivity, leaving you in control of your experience at the hotel. Enjoy Marriott Rewards and a most rewarding stay in our beautiful new hotel, SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your SpringHill Suites San Antonio Downtown/Riverwalk Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton San Antonio Downtown Hotel San Antonio
- 4 Points By Sheraton San Antonio Downtown