“great experience”

Residence Inn San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM
Ranked #125 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 8, 2014

After a home invasion, we were forced to spend 30 days in a hotel while the house was being repaired and the wood floors replaced. We were fearful that this might be a horrendous experience, but Troy and his staff went far beyond what was required to make our stay bearable and comfortable. The facility was clean, comfortable and almost felt like home. The breakfast and "happy hour" were additional benefits we enjoyed.
The 30 days passed quickly thanks to Troy!

Room Tip: Troy allowed us to bring in a lazy boy love seat recliner and take out the couch that was in the roo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

buffalo45_12,
It's great to hear from you and receive such complimentary feedback from your extended stay with us at Residence Inn San Antonio. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your hotel needs during your home repairs and we're pleased to know you felt well taken care of by our staff during your stay. I will be certain to share your kind comments with our team regarding our clean facility and excellent service that added the comforts of home. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value your review and patronage.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Amazing hotel at the Residence Inn. This room had a kitchen, full size refrigerator, king bed, nice bathroom and amazing service. All the staff at this hotel were really friendly. Free beer and wine Monday-Thursday night for social hour. An additional bonus is that this hotel was pet friendly and conveniently located near Six Flags Great Adventure and the loop. Also, lots of stores are nearby in a really great area with free shuttle service to the bars and/or shopping malls. Amazing, amazing, amazing!!

Room Tip: Had a room on the third floor!

Brandon S,
We appreciate your review and kind comments regarding our friendly staff and value added amenities at Residence Inn San Antonio. Incredible reflections like yours highlights our mission to providing our guests with exceptional experiences while away from home. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great location with restaurants nearby. Although I was told the hotel had been open for a few years, it seemed to be a brand new hotel. Accommodations were great. Large comfortable lobby, only downfall is no bar and no restaurant. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

cms71,
We appreciate your feedback and complimentary review of Residence Inn San Antonio. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than recognition from our guests on the level of comfort and service experienced during your stay. We're happy you'll be returning for another visit. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

First time I have stayed here and on my monthly trips, I will be back! Great local food/shopping - staff friendly, hotel clean and great variety for breakfast. Held multiple meetings throughout the day and found the lobby very quiet throughout the day ... nice alternative to the Riverwalk!!!

421RickH,
Thank you for selecting Residence Inn San Antonio on your recent trip. We're glad you found our hotel to be a nice alternative to the Riverwalk. We look forward to extending our hospitality to you again on your next trip and thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I recently stayed here on business. The accommodations were great and the staff were quite helpful. Additionally, the hotel is located just minutes from multiple shopping centers and restaurants. I definitely plan on staying here again!

J B,
We appreciate your visit at Residence Inn San Antonio while traveling on business. It’s great to know our accommodations staff, and location met your needs. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice in the past 6 weeks. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are quiet, comfortable and well appointed and the free breakfast is delicious and has many choices. I look forward to using the outdoor pool when the weather is a bit more accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2014

Mareron,
Thank you for your review and return visit with us at Residence Inn San Antonio. We’re glad our friendly staff and quiet accommodations made for a comfortable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had an awful experience at Residence Inn by Marriott San Antonio Six Flags at the RIM a few weeks ago as my iPad mini was stolen from my room.
On the day it got stolen we were out all day and we mistakenly left the ‘do not disturb’ sign in our room. Upon our return, we found our room undone and call to ask for fresh towels before going out for dinner, when we came back the towels were on the counter. When I was packing I could not find my iPad mini after looking everywhere, even in the other room where my sister was staying. I reported it missing, calling the front desk at 1am, they told me they did not have cameras but they have a log in each room that lets them know who has entered each room.
The following day I made my complaint to Matthew, the operations manager, as the hotel manager was out for the day. Matthew was very doubtful at first and said he would check the door logs and asked me to check again in my room, which I did without any luck. A few hours later, Matthew reported back and said he had an investigation ongoing and wanted to interview two employees. At 4pm, just before I left for the airport, he said he had an idea of what happened but wanted to check with the hotel manager the next day, to see if he wanted to make this a police matter as there was another person who entered the room other than us and he had even given him a chance to return the missing iPad. Until this point I was sure that Marriott would respond accordingly to my claim but after plenty of email correspondence back and forth with Troy Chontas, the hotel manager I have encountered terrible customer service. In one of the last emails Troy sent me, he told me he had made an insurance claim, I do not think he would file one unless he found evidence that one of his staff entered the room and stole my iPad.
I now got an email from the insurance company saying as they have no evidence to support anyone entered the room so the claim will not proceed. I am so disappointed of how Marriott has handled this, I did not stayed at an Insurance company headquarters, I stayed at a Marriott property and do not understand why I have to deal with the Insurance Company. I am a Director in a Multinational Financial Services Company and I can buy a new iPad if I want to, however I have received no apology, no outcome on their investigation other than making an insurance claim which surely acknowledges their responsibility, and no compensation from Marriott.
I do not think I will ever stay at a Marriott again due to their lack of response and accountability.
-Gretel M -

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Gretel M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Six FlagsR at The RIM, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Gretel M,
Thank you for your review. We take matters like this very seriously and we have been in contact regarding this issue.