“Very Accomadating”

Best Western Plus Lackland Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel worked out great for our recent trip for our daughters BMT graduation. The staff has printed out details of the weekend activities on base and maps/directions needed to make the weekend operate smooth. They definitely know the routine and it was very much appreciated. The room was clean and comfortable. The location couldn't have been better in relation to the base. There is some noise from the expressway nearby, but I would not hesitate to stay here again.

1  Thank David M
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Lackland Hotel & Suites

Reviewed February 23, 2014

First, I must say that if you’re planning a trip to San Antonio for an Air Force graduation ceremony, this is THE place to stay. Located literally just minutes from Lackland AFB, this hotel is affordable, clean, well maintained, and the staff is absolutely wonderful.

I stayed in a king suite and the floor plan was as any other king suite I’ve stayed in … king sized bed, fold-out couch and chair, work station with free wifi, small “kitchenette” with microwave, coffee pot and mini-fridge and for the price, the bathroom was actually quite elegant. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the flat-screen TV was very nice (although the channels were odd). The pool was very nice, as was the hot tub. There was a small gym area next to the pool that I didn’t go into, but from the looks of it, it was quite nice. There is also a bar in the lobby of the hotel which I also did not patronize as I’d brought my own drink with me, but it looked inviting. The complimentary breakfast served here was among the best I’ve eaten at a hotel and there was plenty of seating available to accommodate all guests. I was at the hotel for a few days, and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job keeping my room clean during my entire stay – THANK YOU HOUSEKEEPING STAFF, YOU’RE HARD WORK DOES NOT GO UNNOTICED!

The one and only “problem” I could even find with this hotel is not even an issue with the hotel itself … it’s the lack of nearby shopping available. There is a Walgreen’s as well as a grocery store, pawn shop and a few fast food establishments, but other than that, if you want to go shopping, you’ll be driving a few miles. Not indicating that location is a problem as we were at the Alamo in downtown San Antonio within 20 minutes from the hotel on a Saturday afternoon. The front desk staff was extremely helpful with those directions by the way!

Overall, I really cannot say enough good things about my stay at this hotel. If I ever happen to be in a position to stay in San Antonio again, I’ll definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great Hotel Experience. I went alone and it was still very easy with check-in and check-out. I highly recommend this hotel. Very Comfortable and Nice Rooms. Close to Base! Great shuttle recommendation. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The beds were great and the pillows FANTASTIC. 5 NIGHTS for Airman graduation from Lackland. BEST STAFF FROM FRONT DESK TO HOUSEKEEPING, FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. Breakfast was more than continental always hot and fresh. Great variety. Even a waffle the shape of Texas. Highly recommend to all.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This is the perfect location if you're attending graduation at Lackland Air Force Base! This was our 1st time in Texas and we chose this hotel based on the ratings and it's proximity to the Base. Also, another parent told us they gave a special graduation rate, so I figured I'd check it out. Our visit was from 1/1 to 1/5 and from my phone call to book the room until the day we left we had an awesome experience! The place looked modern and was clean, the staff was always pleasant and attentive. We requested extra pillows and towels and the response time was prompt! Plus every morning they served a pretty nice complimentary breakfast every morning, served nice and early for the Air Force families! I would definitely recommend staying here!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 14, 2014

If traveling to Lackland for BMT graduation this is a good choice, the rooms are very clean and well appointed, reasonably priced, only a short hop to the base, and the staff is well versed in the activities, the only shortcoming may be breakfast if you're staying for any period, but it's adequate and in line with offerings of the same type elsewhere, we stayed six days and would not hesitate to do so again.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We booked our stay here because I wanted to stay near Lackland AFB for my nephew's graduation BMT. The location was very convenient and only a short drive to the base. All the amenities were top notch, great accommodations, very clean, and the staff was excellent. They were very friendly and willing to accommodate all requests. The continental breakfast had a wide variety of breakfast options.... something for everyone. They even had a convenient bar during evening hours and a very relaxing lobby area to sit and relax. This was my second visit to San Antonio for Lackland's Air Force graduation ceremonies, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.... hands down.

1  Thank Rose W