“Great spot for a quick trip”

Best Western Plus Lackland Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Great spot for a quick trip”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed with my wife over the Thanksgiving break. This place is very clean and staff professional. Good, hot breakfast served daily was a plus. I used half of the trip to get some colelge work done and the internet ran smoothly the whole, however this could have been because of the location of my room. The only complaint is the shower. Big bathroom but lousy shower. Most showers I've seen has a sliding door or curtain. This one had one unmovable glass pane. I found myself having to turn on the shower and jumping out before I got hit by icy cold water. Overall good experience though.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank William P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
houston, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Liked the facility but only compliant now is my knees and the height of the toilets made it very difficult to be comfortable. Please think of your patrons because they are the ones you are trying to meet their needs of comfort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent 4 nights here. Very nice newer hotel. Breakfast was excellent. Nice indoor pool and hot tub. Room had a king bed, fridge and micro. Bed was very comfortable. There is a lobby bar open in the evenings with very reasonable drinks. My room only had a HUGE walk in tiled shower, but the only thing was there was no seat or shelf for my shampoo, which I would have liked to have. It is the nicest hotel that is really close to Lackland AFB (which is why we were there), but it is on a side road and a little difficult to get to. It is a little isolated as far as going to restaurants and not on hotel row but once we got the area figured out, no problem. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone going to Lackland for a Basic graduation.

Barnesville, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location for BMT graduation events and easy to get to Lackland. The hotel has provided an early breakfast time on Thursdays and Fridays (5:30 am) so you can eat before heading over to the base. The hotel has also provided a map and driving directions (much easier than what GPS says). The staff is super friendly, a great breakfast, and a comfortable hotel. I would definately stay here again!

Spanaway, Washington, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed there for a week to see my family. My wife was not born here as I was and I always want to show off my city to her.
We checked in and there were no towels! I'm pretty sure they knew we were coming. We called the desk and the manager brought some towels. So I thought ok honest mistake. The third day we came home after a long day downtown and there hadn't been any housekeeping! No towels again. Now I'm a little pissed.
The manager said there was no housekeeping because our Do Not Disturb sign was out at 9am and at 12pm. We left at 10:30 and had brought the sign in then. It was right where we left it when we came back. All he could do is bring more towels.
The location was great but there seems to be some gaps in the housekeeping that needs attention. We won't come back and a friend that is going to San Antonio asked about it and we could not recommend this hotel.
If you book a hotel, book direct. They said since we went thru Expedia they could not offer an adjustment on our tab.

CHESTERFIELD
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hotel is a bit tricky to find but worth it. Clean and quiet. Small bar in lobby on the weekends. Very close to Malstrom AFB with no traffic. Close to area attractions and good restaurants. The lobby has a nice area to sit and entertain also

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orangevale, California
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were here (like most) for my son-in-law's BMT graduation. We stayed 3 nights. The hotel staff is definitely well prepared for the families attending BMT and had lots of info & maps printed & waiting for us at the front desk. This was so nice, helping to take some of the confusion & nervousness out of it for us.
Parking was easy & we were able to park near the entrance every time.
Check in was easy & quick. Our room was nice, clean, had 2 beds like requested and in a fairly quiet location. We did face the freeway, but we could barely hear it. There was enough room for the 4 of us to be comfortable & not on top of one another.
Bathroom was nice, clean; water pressure & temp were great.
Breakfast was good, with a small cooked buffet with scrambled eggs, bacon & a couple other things, as well as your usual make your own waffles, apples, bananas, cold cereals, yogurt, breads, etc. One of the waffle makers made waffles in the shape of the state of Texas - very cute. The coffee was really, really good! I never expect more than middle of the road coffee at hotels, so we definitely enjoyed that. We were down very early in the mornings, and never had a problem getting a place to sit or food running out. Seemed pretty well staffed & monitored. The dining area/tables is a very small area, so I could see this filling up easily. But you can also take your food to your room.
We did use the pool on the last day & I have to say this was really a great feature! It is indoors, inside a glass walled atrium type room that was nice & sunny. The room felt heated, and the pool temp was nice. We had it all to ourselves & really enjoyed the pool & the jacuzzi.
My only complaint about this hotel is not really the fault of the hotel, but rather inconsiderate guests. The folks next to us had small children who were allowed to yell & run when entering/exiting their room, no matter the hour. And it seems people just don't understand that you should NOT allow your door to slam or talk loudly in the hallway - you can be clearly heard in the rooms where folks are trying to sleep. This is an issue at most hotels, and I can't fault the Best Western for this.
This was a very nice hotel, especially for the price, and we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family