“Lackland visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
niceville, fl
“Lackland visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great hotel near Lackland! I am a clean freak and staff at this hotel out did me on one occassion! I went downstairs to fill my greedy little hands with the free breakfast, well after gathering my morsels, I jumped on the elevator - plop, my juice spilled onto the floor. Ashamed of myself and unable to do anything at that moment, I entered my room, sat my food down, ran to the door with paper towels in hand...re-entered the elevator. I looked around and around, there was nothing on the floor! They cleaned it up that fast!

Room Tip: Enjoy the lobby
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank murch1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very clean, nice, new hotel. Very convenient to Lackland AFB as we were there for our sons BMT graduation. Staff was very accommodating, printed us maps if we needed, or offered advice on area resturants. Pool was great, coffee and tea all day long was great. The breakfast was great (Texas shaped waffles were a hit with our younger son!). Quiet too, we were on the 4th floor, away from elevators. Heard a door opening now and then but nothing major.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Violet L
Beaumont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel based on reviews I read. I was happy for the most part. I read it was hard to find and in an area that seemed a little shady. I was prepared and found it without too much trouble. I think that comment is based more on the road system in San Antonio which we found to be difficult even after 4 days. As for the area, I think it was fine. The hotel is brand new so there are open fields around which I'm sure some day will also have businesses. We were there for my sons graduation at the base. It was great to have a short easy drive each morning. The hotel smells brand new and is clean and nicely decorated. Rooms have plenty of space and a ceiling fan which I loved! Breakfast was good which helped when we were in a hurry so early in the morning. Surprisingly it wasn't crowded any morning we had breakfast. Hotel also offers an inside pool and a bar in the lounge, we didn't use. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I ever return to the base.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Sheri R
Jackson, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Clean, but a bit pricey given that the many hotels closer to the base are very cheap...for a good reason. Honestly, went for sons graduation from AF boot camp, did not spent much time in hotel, but staff is friendly, and facility is clean and very family friendly...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Charles C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family stayed here when we went to see my son graduate BMT at Lackland AFB. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We got extra towels for the pool, all we had to do is ask. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Breakfast was hot and yummy! Coffee, hot tea, and hot cocoa was offered ALL day long! (Plus for me!) Just a short drive to the base at Hi Valley gate. The elevator started to not work right but was fixed quickly. I would recommend a stay here anytime! Rooms were quite and comfortable. It was also great to talk to the other families staying there for BMt grad weekend.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Ssklindsey
Baltimore, Maryland, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Krystal make this trip very enjoyable and Ray also was very helpful.
Many thanks for the great service. Next time I am in San Antonio or the surrround area we will be more than happy to stay with you again.

Sincerely your,