“Close for USAF BMT Graduation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Lackland Hotel & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lackland Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Close for USAF BMT Graduation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel was very clean and well appointed. Room even had 9' ceilings and a ceiling fan. Delicious breakfast buffet opens early every Thursday & Friday for those attending USAF BMT Graduation at Lackland AFB. (Base is less than 5 minutes away from Valley Hi Gate which is extremely close to BMT Reception Center.) The facility is non-smoking but guests and employees would smoke right outside the lobby door! The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the hotel was very quiet as well. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GailFlit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here during our sons graduation from basic training. From the first night to the last, there was constant noise. The occupants that were above us, were stomping and throwing things to the ground at till 5:00 in the morning. We complained about the noise and the manager did absolutely nothing. To make matters worse, the doors to the stairway slammed shut all hours of the day and night. It was by far the noisiest hotel we have ever stayed in. To top off our experience, on the 4th day of our stay, we had left briefly Sat. morning to pick up our son at the base. We were gone about an hour and a half. When we walked in we noticed that the trash bags were gone from both trash cans in the room and whoever had been in our room had stolen 2 very expensive shirts out of the closet! The beds were still unmade so we are not sure if it was a maid or someone else that had a master key. If you are looking for a place to stay where your belongings are stolen and you can go without much rest, this is the hotel for you! Never again will we stay at a Best Western! I'd rather sleep in my vehicle! If you do stay here, you better keep your clothing locked in your bag! We wish we had!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank calihappygirl07
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is super clean and the staff is very friendly. We stayed for our son's graduation from Lackland and it was the perfect choice. It was close to base so we could get there early for activities and for bringing our son back to relax. I was extremely happy with our decision to stay there.

• Stayed August 2012
Mashpee, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our sons graduation from BMT. It was very clean. The staff was very friendly and I would definitely stay here again. The pool was small but i wasn't' there for that and it served its purpose for a quick dip. My 9 year old loved it and your graduates aren't allowed to swim anyways so we didn't spend much time there. I found the breakfast to be very good. always hot coffee and many choices from fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, waffles, and eggs bacon and sausage. If I return to visit my son I wouldn't even research anywhere else I would just stay there.

Room Tip: all rooms have refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy M
Battle Ground, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We visited Lackland for our Son's graduation, found it very clean and staff were friendly. When we arrived home, it was late and didn't unpack, the next day I noticed I had left a picture of myself and Son on a Roller Coaster at Six Flags. I was so disappointed. It was such a funny pic. I called the hotel and Michael put me on hold for a few minutes. They had my picture!!!! The Manager mailed it out at no cost to me. I want to express my gratitude. It will be framed and sitting on my Mantel. Best place to stay, by far.
Thank you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marilyn Y
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Area, staff, service, decor, room are VERY NICE. I would stay again. We were in San Antonio for my sons graduation from BMT @ Lackland AFB.I reserved a queen suite with kitchenette. The mattress on the let out couch was flimsy but the boys DID NOT COMPLAIN.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank YBANKS
Granby, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

we recently stayed for our sons graduation of BMT and loved it .. hot breakfast was great eggs bacon sausage bisquits gravy cereal waffles fresh fruit yogurt juice coffe and tea .. the room was nice and clean only one day that housekeeping never came into our room it was left the way we left it early that morning.. was alittle upset by that but they took care of it .. minutes from base minutes from anywhere great atmosphere i enjoyed every bit of it

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family