“Family Friendly”

Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area
Ranked #46 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our family of four (2 adults & 2 preschoolers), stayed here for three nights in a King Suite.

PROS:
1) The rooms were very large, with plenty of room for my kids to stay, and located on the end of the hall so we never had to worry about disturbing neighbors. There was a mini fridge and microwave, lots of cabinets and drawers for storage, and plenty of a/c. There was enough room in the living area to keep our pack-n-plays up (our twin 3 year olds, slept there).

2) The breakfast buffet was hearty with pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, fruit, oatmeal (with toppings), cereal, yogurt, donuts, toast, unlimited drinks/coffee, AND you could still order a waffle or special omelet from the kitchen. The servers were really nice. We always walked away full and usually, with leftovers. Kids eat free for every meal - ask the front desk or servers for more information BEFORE ordering. (See my CON comment too.)

3) There was a small indoor pool - WARNING: the floor can be very, very slippery when wet. If there are larger kids running and jumping into the pool, expect standing water in some areas of the floor. The hotel provides towels, but by the end of the day or on really busy weekends, there will be none left. Never got to visit the outdoor pool but it was packed full of people every day we were there.

4) It's located off Hwy 151 which connects you to many other sites of San Antonio. We were literally a 10 minute drive to Sea World, 15 mins from the Alamo, and 20 mins from the Zoo. There is a GREAT burger place across the highway from the hotel, Big'z Burger Joint, that has amazing burgers, onion rings and an outdoor, fenced in, AstroTurf covered yard for the kids to play in!! Another great spot just down the road was El Rodeo de Jalisco - highly recommend the Green Chicken Enchiladas.

CONS:
1) You have to insert your key-card into a special switch inside the room to turn on the lights and a/c AND you have to keep it there for everything to stay on. I understand this helps cut down on wasteful electricity usage but it made it very easy to walk out of the room and forget to grab your card. And don't be surprised to have the a/c cut off while you are away from the room but it doesn't take long for everything to cool off again.

2) If you book through Hotels.com, adults DO NOT receive free buffet breakfast, but the kiddos do. The cost (plus $6 tip) for 2 adults to eat is $32.00. While it was on the pricey side, for the convenience and massive selection of the buffet, I was okay with paying for it.

Room Tip: The King Suite has a double pull-out couch with room to fit two pack-n-plays and a nice king sized b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank staceycdavis
HolidayInnSanAntonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of Holiday Inn San Antonio NW. We’re truly happy to have provided you with the excellent service, roomy accommodations, and top amenities you detailed here. It is wonderful that our central location to many attractions was so helpful to your family. We take pride in being a green hotel, , but we regret if you inconvenienced in any way. We would be honored to host your family again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed the weekend here for a small family vacation. I had booked the rooms almost a month in advance with my credit card. I made sure that my card would only be used for reservation purposes. I wanted to pay cash for the rooms I booked. However, when I checked I found out one of the rooms was charged to my credit card that morning and the other room wasn't. I didn't understand why this happened. The only thing that worried me was that it was charged to my credit card after my date for payment was due. The receptionist told Me that maybe the reason it happened because I booked the roomsin different websites. This wasn't true because I booked both rooms on the same oducal website. She told she would fix it by reversing the payment but she would need the supervisor to come and resolve the issue. I was too tired and hungry to wait any longer so I declined. The only good thing was it was charged that morning of my arrival so it wouldn't interfere with my paymen being on time. I loved that there was 2 pools however the inside pool was hot as a sauna and salty. Me and my niece only stayed 30 minutes because it was too hot. The rooms were pretty clean expect one of the rooms smelled like smoke even though it said "no smoking". The bathtubs were too slippery I catches myself from falling a few times and the doors paint was chipping off. Also there were stains and a little trash on one of the beds. The restaurant was okay definitely overpriced for the quality of the food. And it didn't help only having one waitress. Overall it was an okay stay.... Would I come back? No I would choose another hotel for my stay next time in San Antonio.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank M2015
HolidayInnSanAntonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. White it isn’t completely clear in this forum as to what transpired with your billing, we are glad that everything was resolved to your satisfaction. It is, however, truly disappointing that your stay with us was not completely filling, and that some aspects of your accommodations were not at their best. Our staff is committed to providing exceptional guest service, and we will be sure to share your comments with all of our associates. We hope you will reconsider visiting us again in the future and allow us to provide the type of stay you deserve.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We use the meeting rooms once a month. It is spacious and accommodating. The staff is attentive to our needs, specifically I like to mention Jesse. The Place is always clean and ready for our meetings.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnSanAntonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We are so grateful for your comments regarding your monthly meetings at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW. Our business and community guests are extremely important to us, and our staff works hard to provide an excellent environment and all that is needed for group meetings. We will be sure to let everyone here know how well they consistently meet your needs, especially those you mentioned by name.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

First, what you need to know is, the only reason this review has two stars is because of the view. Whoever trained the front desk staff in customer service, should plainly be embarrassed. Although I had clearly arrived several hours before the general check in time, the front desk staff offered no options. In fact, their only suggestion was for me to freshen up and get dressed in the public restroom located in the lobby or wait to be advised that my room was ready. Since I was in town for business, I had to comply so that I could get to work. Having made this same trip and staying at other riverwalk hotels, I'd never had the experience of being treated this way... Like service didn't matter. I think I'll spend my company's money elsewhere. Again, the view was awesome. The room was adequate. The service sucked. Free breakfast doesn't fix it either.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PhordTX
HolidayInnSanAntonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Please accept our deepest apologies that we did not create the experience you deserved for your recent business trip and that you were not impressed with our hotel at every turn. Your comments will be shared with all departments to re-emphasize the high standards in place for customer service and attention to detail. It is never our intent for guests to feel that their stay was not everything they had hoped it would be. We value the feedback you've offered and thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

our family stayed this past weekend, the hotel has to pools, on that saturday the pool bar was open the bartender Alfred was so nice. our room was excellent. breakfast buffet mediocre, our server offer us omelets and waffles, kids eat free, also she was very attentive. dinner prices are too high, not to many options. overall all hotel staff were very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnSanAntonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn San Antonio NW. Our pools offer relaxation and enjoyment for both the younger set as well as adults, and we are so glad you found your guest room to be, as you put it, excellent! We do apologize if you were not as impressed with our dining options. Please know that our associates are always happy to help find just the right menu choices to satisfy your hunger. We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My stay at holiday day inn NW SA
two problems
1) the mini fridge in the room is the loudest thing I have ever heard it makes the worst noises so of you want any sleep after 4 am you should unplug it when you go to sleep
2) there isn't a trash can in the room!

But over all my one night stop was restful and peaceful! I would stay again

Stayed: March 2014
HolidayInnSanAntonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. While we are glad to know you enjoyed an overall positive and restful stay with us at the Holiday Inn San Antonio NW, we must apologize if you inconvenienced in any way by sounds from the in-room refrigerator or if you were missing any amenities. We understand how important a good night’s sleep can be while traveling. Please know that our associates are always happy to help and we will share your comments with our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure that everything is at its best. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this Hotel for our daughters Air Force graduation. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly and it was within 15 mins of the base. We were able to check out several areas while we were in town and this area was the best by far (areas closer to the base were really sketchy looking). I did a lot of research ahead of time and really wanted to stay in the Riverwalk area but I am glad I didn't. Not only are the prices there really high but they all charge for parking and internet. The Riverwalk area itself is older and VERY crowded. This hotel is ideal because it is near enough to all the attractions, the Air Force base, and it is close to lots of restaurants and shops.
As for the hotel, it is newer looking and very clean. The staff was friendly and the room was comfortable. Pretty much exactly what you would expect. The hotel has a restaurant on site and a nice pool.
Overall, this is a 3 star hotel that exceeded my expectations. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnSanAntonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Your review truly reminds us why we love what we do, thank you! We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations from the hospitable service of our associates all the way to our clean, comfortable accommodations. The Holiday Inn San Antonio NW is indeed the perfect location for enjoying the area. Our most sincere congratulations to your daughter’s success! We do hope you will visit us soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you again.