Our family of four (2 adults & 2 preschoolers), stayed here for three nights in a King Suite.
1) The rooms were very large, with plenty of room for my kids to stay, and located on the end of the hall so we never had to worry about disturbing neighbors. There was a mini fridge and microwave, lots of cabinets and drawers for storage, and plenty of a/c. There was enough room in the living area to keep our pack-n-plays up (our twin 3 year olds, slept there).
2) The breakfast buffet was hearty with pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, fruit, oatmeal (with toppings), cereal, yogurt, donuts, toast, unlimited drinks/coffee, AND you could still order a waffle or special omelet from the kitchen. The servers were really nice. We always walked away full and usually, with leftovers. Kids eat free for every meal - ask the front desk or servers for more information BEFORE ordering. (See my CON comment too.)
3) There was a small indoor pool - WARNING: the floor can be very, very slippery when wet. If there are larger kids running and jumping into the pool, expect standing water in some areas of the floor. The hotel provides towels, but by the end of the day or on really busy weekends, there will be none left. Never got to visit the outdoor pool but it was packed full of people every day we were there.
4) It's located off Hwy 151 which connects you to many other sites of San Antonio. We were literally a 10 minute drive to Sea World, 15 mins from the Alamo, and 20 mins from the Zoo. There is a GREAT burger place across the highway from the hotel, Big'z Burger Joint, that has amazing burgers, onion rings and an outdoor, fenced in, AstroTurf covered yard for the kids to play in!! Another great spot just down the road was El Rodeo de Jalisco - highly recommend the Green Chicken Enchiladas.
1) You have to insert your key-card into a special switch inside the room to turn on the lights and a/c AND you have to keep it there for everything to stay on. I understand this helps cut down on wasteful electricity usage but it made it very easy to walk out of the room and forget to grab your card. And don't be surprised to have the a/c cut off while you are away from the room but it doesn't take long for everything to cool off again.
2) If you book through Hotels.com, adults DO NOT receive free buffet breakfast, but the kiddos do. The cost (plus $6 tip) for 2 adults to eat is $32.00. While it was on the pricey side, for the convenience and massive selection of the buffet, I was okay with paying for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn's first LEED certified 'Green' hotel! This is a unique property, utilizing the latest energy efficient technology and environmentally friendly materials available today. The property features a Grill, a sports themed facility offering all major sporting events on the 14 flat panel TVs, along with a selection of 16 different beer on tap. In addition, the hotel has three pools (one indoor, two outdoor, including a kiddie pool) and a hot tub. The guest rooms all have 32' flat panel televisions, pillow top mattresses, coffee makers, irons/boards and hair dryers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Antonio Nw - Seaworld Area Hotel San Antonio