“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area
Ranked #49 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during the National Sporting Clay Championships. What a pleasant staff. Hotel and room was very clean and comfortable. Really appreciated the smoking patio on the second floor. Front desk staff always greeted me with a "hello" on my way in. I'd chose this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay in town but business brought me to the new Holiday Inn. Located right near Potranco at 151Freeway it sits in a wooded canyon. Food if all ilk nearby but thete's also a sports grill onsite.
Daily pickups to Seaworld. You'd think a family hotel would be noist. No, it just reminds me how friendly and flexible a truly perofessional staff must be. Fresh,quiet, clean and affordable.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice 3 star hotel! This place had an indoor pool, as well as an outdoor pool, jacuzzi, and pool for toddlers. Though the temperature was warm in early October (90 degrees), the outdoor pool was chilly - my daughter and I enjoyed going from the hot jacuzzi to the cold pool and back again.

I requested beforehand for a refrigerator and a quiet room, and they gave me a very nice room on the 6th floor (not facing the 151 highway) complete with a microwave and refrigerator at no additional cost. The bathroom was large and the bed was very comfortable. Flat screen TV and free wifi. Room was very quiet. The breakfast downstairs was average and was very reasonably priced. The only strange thing was that the place had a somewhat earthy smell - not bad, but different - I have a very sensitive nose, so others may not even notice.

Definitely could come here again if my destination is Sea World - it's very convenient. In my case, I had to go to a Sea World event the following day where I had to bring my own lunch - being able to buy things the night before and keep it refrigerated in my room made it very convenient.

Room Tip: 6th floor (top) has refrigerator and microwaves inside the room - great for familes. Ask for quiet...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fanatix
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Pros: Close to Sea World, free shuttle to Sea World, nice pool with kiddie pool

Cons: they hosted a dog club so there were lots of barking, peeing dogs everywhere, the elevator gets filthy, the tile in the indoor pool is very slick and dangerous

Overall: would probably consider staying again

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently visited San Antonio Texas for the first time ever. I stayed here at the Holiday inn Express and wow, I honestly was shocked. I work in the sales department for a 5 star hotel in California, so my expectaions are high. I was the most pleased by the front desk staff, every single one of them were amazing, and so helpful. I know that it's not an easy job working in customer service and they did everything they could to accomodate my every need. The room was nice, very basic. The house cleaning staff were great, and paid attention to details while servicing my room. From what I heard, the breakfast was good. I would absolutely stay here again because it felt like I was home. This trip was VERY important, and knowing that I didn't have to worry about the hotel was a huge relief! Thank you Holiday Inn staff!

Room Tip: I stayed in the 2 queen room. It was basic, but nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Texas in August requires little more explanation than the title of this review. I am not sure who the master mind behind this is but there should at least be a max temp the room is not allowed to rise above. You have to have your room key in the key holder inside the door for the lights and AC to run. Wow short sided and will keep this hotel off of our list.

Our first room was dirty and had not been cleaned and though we got a new room right away this set the tone for a bad stay. Their system needs to be revamped or processes reviewed as this should not happen.

NEVER and I mean NEVER pay for the breakfast!! Not because of the food because I never tasted that but because of the 200 kids playing in the buffet and the line out the restaurant door. Would have ordered off the menu but after waiting ten minutes to be seated we gave up and had breakfast a SONIC.... YUCK

Room Tip: Stay on the sixth floor or you will hear the thunder of little feet pounding above your head as they...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Jim G,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear about your recent stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by our air conditioning unit and the initial issues with your room accommodation. I apologize that you received service that was less than satisfactory at breakfast. The Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal in this instance.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great place to stay, clean, friendly, new hotel.

Disappointed because we used "Name your price" to book hotel, called hotel to request 2 double beds because our granddaughter was with us. I was told if I wanted to "change" my reservation I would be charged $10 per night. The hotel web site shows the same price or less for 2 queen beds versus 1 king bed.

We were offered a roll away bed at no charge.

This is the first time I have encountered an extra charge when requesting 2 beds at a hotel, especially near a family friendly attraction as Seaworld. If your request a king bed will they charge you to "change" your reservation?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family