“Nice Hotel - good Value”

Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area
Ranked #49 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hotel is right off the Highway, but noise is not an issue. Hotel operates shuttle within 5 miles, shuttle mostly does Sea World runs. Nice mix of tourists and business people.
Has separate indoor and outdoor pool, as well as outdoor hot tub.
My room was nicely appointed, nice desk area for work, plenty of plugs for phones and laptop. I will return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Pennyherring, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thank you for your kind words. We feature many amenities in the hotel and are glad you enjoyed them. Please feel free to call us on your next trip!

Julio Elias

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed 3 nights and were very disappointed in the size of the room. Had a double bed room that should have been a singe bed room. We barely had room to walk around the beds. Cleaning was very bad. One day they didn't even clean because we were still in the room and they don't come back. The free breakfast food was awful. Eggs were the powdered kind. No cereals that the kids like. Just plain Special K and Raisin brand, no choc milk. Everytime we asked for something different they either said that only 1 chef showed up and were not taking special orders. We couldn't order from the menu. Swimming pool indoors didn't look clean. I will never stay at this hotel and will never recommend it to anyone. There were lots of other things that I didn't mention....but I will say that my 7 year old neice (which we have taken to Seaworld for the past 4 years) commented that she didn't like the hotel and the food was bad and she never wanted to stay there again.
We booked through Seaworld which I will never do again.

Room Tip: Check out all reviews when booking a hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rachelsolis01
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the HI express while we were waiting to relocate out of San Antonio. We had previously lived in that area and needed to be close to go back and forth to wrap things up at old residence. We had 2 cats to stay with us and the staff was very accommodating. They also quoted a $25 pet fee and $105 a night which was ok. My husband is a rewards member and I am not sure but we were not charged the pet fee. We keep our cats in kennels so maybe that had something to do with it. Both days we were too tired to get up to have the complimentary b fast and did not go to the Sporting News rest. We know that in that area there are 2 large shopping areas one north and one south on 151 with lots of dining options so the Hotel rest. as not appealing. It was a very clean, quiet, comfortable hotel with stylish decor. We def would stay and recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
JulioElias, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2011

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn N/W SeaWorld for your stay. As a valued guest, your opinions are of great importance and we appreciate being able to make your stay one of EXCELLENCE. Your responses help our staff to continuously improve and ensure that you consistently receive an EXCELLENT service experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your impression with our staff, and we look forward with anticipation to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

Beautiful brand new hotel. Very friendly staff...wonderful little store for hungry kids. Everything about this hotel is wonderful except the beds!!! Even my 9 year old son could not sleep because the beds were so hard. Like sleeping on a board. Pillows were uncomfortable too....very big and poofy. Unfortunately...the bed is a big part of a hotel and I cannot recommend it on this one thing alone.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

The hotel was a great bargain for the price. I was in a King room and asked to add a roll-a-way bed. The front desk was very busy upon check-in during Spring Break week. When I checked in I was told my room was ready with the roll-a-way that I requested during reservations a month prior.
The room was nice and spacious for the three of us. The water is soft and leaves skin feeling like silk after a shower.
Downside to the hotel is the elevators THEY ARE SO SLOW. You could walk down the 3 flights of stairs before the elevator arrives to your floor. I was on the 4th floor going and waiting to go to lobby--the elevator finally arrived after what seemed like 5 minutes or more--it picked me up and then went to floor 3 and then back up to floor 5 and floor 6 and then finally to the lobby. This happen way to often. It moves to slow between floors.
The restaurant...Sporting News: We visited the onsite eatery the first night of our trip. After being seated it took 10 minutes to get water and lemonade. Once we received the drinks we ordered Kids meal Pizza with fries and chicken tenders with fries and I asked for the grilled chicken sandwich on wheat. After a full 42 minutes of waiting the trash arrived. The pizza was a frozen pizza that you can get from walmart with two in a box small round thick crust and the chicken tenders looked like they fried way too hard. My chicken sandwich tasted like cardboard. I advised the waitress of the disgust with the food and she offered to get me something else and I refused. Food doesn't get any worse than that. My kids were totally displeased as well.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

First off, for the money I paid, the value was good. Sadly, I apparently made a mistake and have a VERY long commute this week to work (again, my fault).
The thing that has me IRATE, is that they say that they are green hotel...and this is what I found.
It is true they have two trashcans at the elevator midways on each floor that has a recycling can for glass and plastic, as well as one for waste...BUT when I called up the front desk to find out if I leave my comingled trash do they seperate them I was told NO!!!
So if they make US to do all the work..lugging my trash in the morning to these receptacles, I totally feel that this hotel is not totally green.
This brings another problem....they have only ONE vey small trash receptacle located in the bathroom. EVERY day I had to carry my trash out.
They have some unique features to get the LEED certification, but lacks that eco-oriented attitude that sadly most all of Texas is so backward to.
Do NOT go here for the ;greeness'. Kermit would be sad

Reviewed March 3, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights while in town to see our nephew graduate from USAF Basic Training. We selected this location because it was a Top Secret Room offered on Travelocity and the price was right. The hotel is on a large highway so we asked for a room on the back. The area is not very developed. The Sea World entrance is just across the highway.There is an apartment complex behind the hotel but it is located far enough that you cannot see in windows. The staff was accommodating and helpful. We had booked a King room but asked for double beds upon check-in. The room and the bathroom were very large, handicap accessible and included a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. I used the gym and found it satisfactory. There is a restaurant on the premises however it was a little pricey for average food. There is a shopping center a couple of miles south where there are plenty of places for food including a couple of places for breakfast. Overall a great experience for the price I paid. If I had paid more I would have been satisfied with the value.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple