The Emily Morgan Hotel
$259
$223
$215
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$245
$215
Free cancellation until 05/31
$239
$289
JW Marriott
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $342/night.

Free cancellation until 05/31
$259
$319
HotelQuickly
1,696 results
All reviewsgreat locationgarden tubalamo viewhaunted hotelthe river walkwarm cookiesdouble treedirectly across the streetvalet parkingbeautiful hotelwithin walking distancehistoric buildingcorner roomvalet servicegreat roomconvention centerdowntown area
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had a good stay. The location was nice for visiting both the Alamo and the Riverwalk, with the added benefit of being able to get away from the crowds and noise of the Riverwalk and relax.
The building has some odd quirks, but you have to take into consideration it's age. Since the bathroom in our room stuck out into the room, it was clearly added later to a room that originally had no bathroom or a very small one back when the building used to be a hospital. But historic preservation is important and made the stay more interesting.
I stayed at this hotel several years ago for Fiesta in April, and the Flambeau Parade on Saturday night passed right by the hotel. We opened our windows and watched the parade from our room, which was great. I'm sure the maids could have done without having to clean up the mess from the confetti eggs :)

Room Tip: I didn't mean to suggest that you can crack confetti eggs inside the hotel. They probably frown on that :(
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Julie N, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Texa S,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our building dates back to the 1920's and we do make an effort to preserve its historical integrity and style. Because of that, we have an array of room types and views of the city. We are glad you returned for another stay and we hope to have you back soon! Thanks again.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. It was reasonably priced and very close to the Alamo. It is a 10 minute walk to the Convention Center, which is where I spent most of my time. It is also in close proximity to the Riverwalk. The staff was nice and the restaurant had a great breakfast buffet. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Velindia L.,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are so glad that our location was convenient for your needs while you were here and glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet in Oro. Again, thanks! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I like staying at the Emily Morgan Hotel when I go to San Antonio, this is my third stay here and I will stay again, everything is just right, never have I had anything to complain about. The rooms are clean and everything smells fresh. I love the robes they have in the rooms too, in fact I had to get a couple for home. Close to everything in San Antonio around the River Walk and the Alamo.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The absolute best location for someone truly wanting the historic Riverwalk experience because the hotel overlooks The Alamo. The rooms are spacious & attractively furnished & the Reception staff is amazing!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great location, on the doorstep of the Alamo and only 5-10min walk to the Riverwalk. Free cookies on check-in, valet parking only as garage is off-site (expect to wait for up to 10mins when collecting your car unless you ring ahead). Rooms are on the smaller side but big enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple