The Emily Morgan Hotel
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,685 results
All reviewsgreat locationgarden tubalamo viewhaunted hotelthe river walkwarm cookiesdouble treedirectly across the streetvalet parkingbeautiful hotelwithin walking distancehistoric buildingcorner roomvalet servicegreat roomconvention centerdowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 10 years ago and was a little scared to stay again. We had several unexplained incidents happen to us and my husband seen an apparition. However, the rate was good and its in a perfect location. This hotel is very beautiful. the details to the building is awe-inspiring. We were given the best cookies at checkin. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and all of the staff was friendly. The bath tub is awesome. It's very large and long enough to fit my 6'5 husband. The only issue I had was the elvators. There was only one working. To our delightment we didn't experience anything paranormal on this visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sossamanbailey
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was looking for a Hilton property and came across this hotel. I found the service excellent, the room excellent and spacious. It was right across the street from the Alamo. I will definitely stay again when I'm in San Antonio. The staff was friendly and very accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband booked a weekend at the Emily Morgan for my birthday. We had a fabulous time and loved the hotel. He booked a larger king room, and we had tons of space and the refrigerator came in handy. Bed was extremely comfortable and towels were nice and plush. Staff, from the front desk, to the restaurant, and valet were all very friendly and accommodating. Great location and close to everything. While we didn't use the pool area, we did go take a look and were impressed with the exercise room and the handicap lifts at the pool.

Room Tip: When booking, request a larger room. The space is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel this past weekend for 2 nights. The location is great if you are going to visit the Alamo and its surrounding locations. We were able to walk to the Alamo, Wax Museum, Ripley's, The Rivercenter Mall, Convention Center, Shilo's Deli and more. You have the choice to park your own car in nearby lots or valet with the hotel. The costs are approx. the same. All Doubletree hotels have these chocolate chip cookies that are to die for!!!!! The hotel is pretty busy and the bar area was busy both nights we were there. We stayed on the 9th floor and had views away from the Alamo Plaza area but high enough to see other buildings. We would definitely stay here again for its convenience to Alamo Plaza.

Room Tip: Their prices are good but take into account that you will pay roughly $30 a night to park.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the San Antonio area. Although the scenary is beautifrul, I would much rather stay at La Quinta than pay for the rudeness I received from valet. (An automatic $20/day) For the money you pay the rooms are rather small, and the airconditioning was not working properly. (Plus no fridge) At this time of year in Texas, AC is a must.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Julie N, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Melissa M,
I am so sorry about the service you received from our third party valet service, and we will most certainly address this with them. I also applogize for the issues you encountered with the A/C and will follow up with maintenance on this. We truly hope that you will give our hotel another chance in your travels to the San Antonio area.