“So great I had to write a review!”

The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #27 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Tampa, Florida
“So great I had to write a review!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here for work in early June and was blown away by the amazing service I received. I travel for work around 1-2 weeks every month so I stay in a lot of hotels and am a fairly seasoned traveler. This place blew me away. Staff at the hotel and cafe oro went out of their way to accommodate me and ensure I was happy. While I was there the hotel was completely booked solid since the spurs were playing a home game in the finals so the staff were busy and still delivered great service. The bar staff at oro were actually honest about their drinks being very sweet and directed me to some better options on the menu and in the town to check out. Also, the kitchen was closed one night when I tried to order room service so the staff came up with a glass of milk, cookies and some other snacks on the house. Also I was really impressed by the customer service I saw staff display with other hotel guests. The woman in front of me at check in was screaming at the poor hotel employee because they couldn't upgrade to the suite because it was booked. If you want a specific room, you need to reserve it before you get to the hotel. The staff member was calm and tried to do everything to accommodate the guest which impressed me. Also the location is great- across from the Alamo, walking distance to river walk and great decor. If my travels take me to San Antonio, I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013
Julie N, Manager at The Emily Morgan Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Crisbbbc,
We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. And, it's true, those suites go fast, must reserve early. Thanks again, we hope you come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Stillwater, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great place to stay. The wife and I came down from OK and stopped here on our way to Padre Island. This hotel is in an awesome location. We had a room with a view right on top of the Alamo grounds. Room was clean, wicked views (as I mentioned), and nice accommodations. The people next door had a dog that would sporadically bark, and the hallways are seriously dated in colors and décor, but these are tiny complaints. Biggest issue was the parking. You WILL spend $30 + tip for parking. There really is no way around it. Considering this pushed our bill for this 1 night stay well beyond $200.....the cost is a little steep....but worth it in our opinion for the location. We would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Michael S
Addison, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Emily Morgan Hotel on a family trip to San Antonio. I'll summarize by saying that this hotel is amazing. The Emily Morgan dwarfs other hotels in the downtown area and is very charming and historic looking. The location is extremely convenient. The Alamo is literally across the street and you're within a block of entry to the Riverwalk, Ripleys, restaurants and bars. The rooms are over sized, with tall ceilings and lots of room to move around. The beds are comfortable. My only complaint is that it was hard to regulate the room temperature. It was either too hot or too cold in the room. The staff was very courteous and friendly and the breakfast was pretty good, albeit for some runny eggs and overdone bacon on the first day.

My only legitimate gripe about the hotel is the extremely high cost of parking. It was $28/night, plus tip, for in and out valet parking. There weren't many other options in the downtown area (as most lots didn't allow for overnight parking) so we were forced to pay the price. The valet staff was very nice as well, but it just seemed very pricey to have to pay the additional cost on top of what we paid for the hotel.

Overall it was a great stay and I highly recommend checking out this hotel, not only for its charm, but for its great location and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
La Porte, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed there over Mother's Day and had a great time. We stayed in the King Junior suite with the garden tub. It was a beautiful room and we loved the tub. The room service was superb but we were a little disappointed in the bar. We also had their Mother's Day Brunch and it was very good. The location is great....right downtown, close to the river walk and right across the street from the Alamo. Over all we had a great time and have booked again for July. This is a haunted hotel, but we had not sightings...which made my husband very happy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Very Convenient Location To Alamo (Literally Right Across The Street) And Less Than 5 Minutes To Riverwalk. Location Was Best Aspect Of This Hotel. Rooms Were On The Small Side. Staff Very Helpful And Friendly. Would Stay Again Based On location.

• Stayed June 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I are currently checked into this hotel (6/15) celebrating our first anniversary. The room is great and has a nice view. our first nights stay was great, but this morning we decided to sleep in but was woke up by the sound of barking. It appears one of the guest next to us has pets and it has been barking for over an hour now. I called down to the front desk and was told by a manager that they could not get in touch with the owners of the pet (and they cannot enter the room to remove the pet) so the only thing they could do was move them or us. There was one important catch...... they could not move us until after 3pm. It is currently 12pm so we have to put up with a barking dog (that the owner doesn't even have to deal with) for at least 4 hours. I know the hotel cannot control how their guest behave, but I thought that they would have at the very minimum have removed us from that situation immediately.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim D
texas
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We got the room on priceline but were extremely satisfied. We needed to check in early (noon), and they gladly allowed this. Very convenient to everything. Across from the Alamo and a couple blocks from the Riverwalk, but that can be a plus, because it allows you to see more of downtown above ground and is a quieter at night. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple