The Emily Morgan Hotel
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
$240
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$149
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
Travelocity
1,687 results
All reviewsgreat locationgarden tubalamo viewhaunted hotelthe river walkwarm cookiesdouble treedirectly across the streetvalet parkingbeautiful hotelwithin walking distancehistoric buildingcorner roomvalet servicegreat roomconvention centerdowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We got the room on priceline but were extremely satisfied. We needed to check in early (noon), and they gladly allowed this. Very convenient to everything. Across from the Alamo and a couple blocks from the Riverwalk, but that can be a plus, because it allows you to see more of downtown above ground and is a quieter at night. Would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I recently stayed over the weekend. Since it is a historic building I was afraid the rooms would smell. However, I was very surprised to find out that the rooms are totally renovated with a contemporary design. The furniture is very nice, new, and the bathrooms are also nicely designed. The price was very reasonably compared to other hotels and it is conveniently located right next to the Alamo. The was very nice and friendly. I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding weekend. Everything else we initially tried was booked, but the price was reasonable and the trip advisor reviews were good so we gave it a try. We're glad we did -- we thought it was awesome. We loved the "modern hill country" style, cleanliness of everything, the whirlpool bath thing and the view of the alamo area. I also appreciated the free wifi. The room service / late night food prices were ridiculous and the quality sucked, and the clean up service was a little slow... but everything else was so nice and fun that we'd still return and have recommended it to other people looking for a place to stay in San Antonio. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed on Saturday night. We had reserved a King bed room. The room itself was small and the bathroom was very tight indeed. There was very little counter space in the bathroom, one short towel rack and one hook on the back of the door, which made things challenging. We could have used more hooks since we had gone swimming (nice but very small pool) and needed them to hang our suits to dry. The room and bathroom were nicely decorated in the more modern trend of browns/beiges/dark oranges. The bathroom had a shower/tub combination: the pro to this was the shower head was very high, which I love, but the bathtub is of what seems to be the newer sort in hotels, that isn't curved at the back so you can't relax in it. Toiletries are fine. As for the room itself, the bed was comfortable. They have WiFI but it is not included and I could not determine from the room materials what the fee was, so I just skipped it and relied on my phone. The TV was fine. There are robes, always a nice touch.

We did not eat at ORO but we did have drinks at the bar, and it was pleasant. Valet parking was prompt and while it is possible to self-park, my personal preference is to let the valet handle it when in a downtown area. The hotel is right next to the Alamo and is close walking distance to the Rivercenter Mall and the Riverwalk attractions. I had stayed here before it was a Doubletree property and I do feel it has lost a bit of its individuality but it is still a very nice, comfortable, well-located hotel. I do not recall the name of the desk clerk who checked us in but he was very friendly. I would be happy to stay here again.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just spent three nights at the Emily Morgan with two young grand kids and we had a great time. The staff were friendly and helpful when I needed local information. The hotel is adjacent to the Alamo so there are a ton of things to do and see within walking distance. We did not have a car and this hotel does not have a garage. We did purchase all day trolley and bus passes directly across the street from the Alamo at the visitors center. The rooms are big, clean, have a great view on the Alamo side, beds are comfortable, did not really like the pillows, the elevators were fast, the lobby area was nice, also had a library and of course the cookies are good. We ate breakfast at the Oro but nothing else and it was fine. Its a 2 or 3 block walk to be on the riverwalk. The horse carriage rides start at the hotel which is nice if you care to take one.

Room Tip: Alamo side is a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family