I have a few hotels that are my favorite when it comes to staying downtown in SA.... When my husband surprised me with a quick anniversary getaway, and told me on the way that we were NOT staying at one of my usual picks, I was a little worried.
As soon as we pulled up at the Fairmount, I was instantly at ease :)
The Fairmount definitely has curb appeal for someone like me... I like to stay at interesting, historic, and unique places. This charming hotel definitely has those qualities, plus it is in such a great location (near lots of my favorite SA spots like: the Magik Theater, the Tower of the Americas, and blocks from my all time fave - the Alamo)... I know that I have passed it many times before, but never taken the time to check into staying there since I had my regular places to fall back on. After this trip - I am so glad my husband decided to surprise me with something new (to me).
The hotel is located directly across from Hemisfair Park and La Villita.... The Alamo, the riverwalk, and so much more is within walking distance. The staff of the Fairmount was courteous and helpful. They took care of our every need. We didn't have a fancy view outside of our window, but that's OK, because a) we weren't interested in sitting in front of the window while we were in the room, and b) the room was GREAT! So spacious --- you walk in through a sitting area (aka mini living room) with a couch, chair, desk and TV, then into a dressing area with a nice size bathroom and a large closet, and finally you arrive in the bedroom - complete with an antique bed (new mattresses) and another TV.
I really don't think there is much more I need to say... It is a great little hotel... I didn't mention the restaurant Tre because we didn't eat there, but it smelled good! I look forward to going back and staying at this sweet little hotel again, one day, and when I do - I'll make it a point to go in and order something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate, European-style hotel built in 1906 and located on San Antonio's River Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Fairmount reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmount Hotel San Antonio
- Fairmount San Antonio
- Fairmount Hotel San Antonio