We just came back from a wonderful weekend stay at the Fairmount. After reading the review on this board, we were a bit apprehensive. The Fairmount is a small, botique-style hotel. I say botique-style and not botique because this hotel is old and traditional and does not have all the bells and whistles of the modern-day botique hotels. That does not mean that this is not a first-rate hotel however. It is rated four-diamonds by AAA and I think that is well deserved.
The staff at the front desk and valet were amazing. They were very helpful, always made sure we knew where we were going when we headed out and also made sure we had every amenity that we needed.
We are Wyndham ByRequest members and I think our room was upgraded a bit, but we did peak our heads into the standard rooms as well. We had a living room with a couch and two chairs which was separate from the bedroom. Although we requested a King, we got a room with two double beds. We did not ask to change and just kept the room we were assigned since it was such a lovely room. Standard rooms seem to have beds and a couch all in the same room, but the rooms themselves are very large.
Location-wise, the hotel is across the street from the Riverwalk. On a weekend night, you will welcome this short distance because the Riverwalk is where all the partying goes on and can be quite loud well into the night. We were not bothered by anything waking us up and could walk to anything downtown.
The room's standard amenities include a digital scale, shower-head massager with something like 7 settings, high-speed internet access and a cd-played/radio.
We loved this hotel and would definately consider staying there again.
The only reason we may not is to check out the St. Anthony, Wyndham's sister property or perhaps if for some reason we want to stay in a bigger hotel right in the mix of it all on the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate, European-style hotel built in 1906 and located on San Antonio's River Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fairmount reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmount Hotel San Antonio
- Fairmount San Antonio
- Fairmount Hotel San Antonio