“Inventive and always very fresh.”
Review of Nosh

Nosh
Ranked #448 of 4,619 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Exeter
San Antonio, Texas
“Inventive and always very fresh.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We've eaten at Nosh 4 or 5 times, and have never been disappointed. The menu is not big, but great care is put into every dish. Ingredients are super fresh. The menu changes fairly often, so if there is something you loved on one visit, it might not be there the next. On a recent visit we had a selection of exotic and delicious oysters, a wild boar pizza, and a shrimp salad that was fantastic. They have an extensive beer menu, but only a few wines by the glass. Prices are very reasonable and the portions are just right. The atmosphere is casual. I hope the executive chef Luca Della Casa, fast becoming a star on television, continues to maintain these high standards.

• Visited July 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Great small dishes - often at a reasonable price!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

A little hipster and a little foodie, which normally wouldn't be a positive, but here, it kinda works. The portions are labelled as 'small', but really, one of the 'small plates' is a full meal for me and I tend to eat a decent amount. Lots of great things to choose from here - a wide variety of ever-changing raw oysters (if you're into them, which I found out I am not; I prefer the fried variety) and amazing dishes of pasta or proteins. We've probably been to Nosh 6 or 7 times, and Nosh advertises on Groupon regularly, which definitely puts the food in a very reasonable price range. Also, my wife enjoys the cocktails - particularly the Dark and Stormy - this is her favorite place to get one! Don't miss it!

• Visited June 2014
“Great fresh tasting pizza!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This place is somewhat like a tapas bar with the exception of the pizza. It was way larger than my daughter and I expected so we were thankful we had split it. We even had enough to take home for the next day. We chose the vegetarian pizza which was topped with very thin slices of zucchini. We, of course, expecting small portions had also ordered the arancini. These were delicious. (we got 5 of them in one order) They were like fried rice balls but in fact were filled with risotta and sweet peas. Also enjoyed their wide selection of beers. They are all listed on a big chalkboard. Loved the decor of this place with the white tablecloths topped with brown butcher paper. We had wonderful service too from our waiter, Jake. They say on their menu that they change some of their menu items regularly so I can't wait to come back and try some other things.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank bigthicket
San Antonio
“Great dinner special from NOSH”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

NOSH ran a three day special this week, three course dinner for two for just $27. I made dinner reservations on OpenTable.com and went Friday evening. The courses consisted of cherry tomato and mozzarella salad, maltagliati pasta with spicy sausage, and vanilla sponge cake with chocolate filling. The portions were generous and the meal was delicious. By the time we left, it seemed everyone in the restaurant was taking advantage of the special. Get on the NOSH mailing list and take advantage of their great dinner specials.

• Visited July 2013
Lewisville, Texas
“Very good, small-dish restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My son is a chef and very much wanted to take my wife and me to Nosh. I can see why. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. They have an interesting and varied menu of small, tapas-like dishes.

Tip: Because it is a small dish-style place, you need to order enough dishes to satisfy everyone. We knew we were going to share the dishes, ordered enough, and really enjoyed it.

The dishes were all creative, fresh, and delicious. I can see why my son wanted us to try it. I would definitely go back again.

• Visited June 2013