“A Great Experience”

and up
San Antonio Haunted Legends Segway Tour
Ranked #7 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1929, this movie theater is beautifully ornate, featuring a domed ceiling painted with stars and clouds.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Saw a concert while here in San Antonia on holidays, breath taking on the inside, only complaint is that the seats are very small and had to keep my knees sideways and could not stretch my legs

There are newer reviews for Majestic Theatre

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Obviously it depends on the show but we have been to several different performances of comedians and several different off-Broadway shows. We have never been disappointed. The seating is comfortable, the size of the theater is just right.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Majestic Theatre in San Antonio is an architecturally interesting place. The ceiling in the lobby is intricately honeycombed, and there are displays along lobby walls as well as various domes within the theater's main seating area. I attended the Zelda Symphony there and enjoyed the presentation and environment. The only down side was that the screen with projected video was not completely visible from my seat that was high and on the right side of the mezzanine. The style of venue is similar to the Paramount theater in Abilene, Texas.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Majestic is an experience in itself, a Grand Old Lady of a theater. I do not think there is a bad seat in the house, we sat in the upper balcony and we could see everything and hear everything. The theater is decorated impeccably, taking you back to days of old. The staff are very friendly and made us to feel at home.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I LOVE THIS PLACE!! Great place to see a show...from a Broadway show to ZZ TOP to BB King! Be prepared - the bar set-up is a little strange and this won't make sense when you read this but it will when you get there. When you go in to get drinks, don't go to the server by the door - move your way to the middle servers and you'll get waited on. Also, try to bite your lip....the folks that are ushers and taking tickets are volunteers. Some volunteers are great...while others...for some reason seem to be in a perpetual bad mood and use no common sense. For example, I walked in to the ZZ TOP concert and handed the lady two tickets for my girlfriend and I and said these are for us (and motioned towards my girlfriend) and she snapped at me "Everyone must have their own ticket or I can't scan them!" I sort of laughed, handed my girlfriend her ticket...the ladt scanned both and we entered. If I could give this a 4.5 I would because the attitude of the workers and the strange drink arrangement are all I see as issues and they aren't that big of a deal when you consider what you are getting for your evening.