“Family fun”
Review of Splashtown

Splashtown
Ranked #104 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Splashtown is 20 acres of Family Water Park fun featuring 40 watersides, the 1/2 million gallon wave pool, the 1/4 mile long Siesta Del Rio, the Crystal Falls activity pool with slides, lily pads and water basketball. A large Kid's Cove with 16 slides just for our smaller guests, along with water and beach volleyball and more! Conveniently located just 3 minutes North of downtown San Antonio with Free parking. Open seasonally.
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My family had a great time there yesterday. Pros: no parking fee, variety of rides for all ages, accepts credit card *with Id, locker rentals, showers* cold water, food bar, music, lifeguards. Cons: some slides show wear and I was afraid that my child's hand or fingers were going to be injured, no main entrance to the lazy river so the two small entrance/exits got chaotic at times with people waiting for tubes and others either passing by or trying to get off. No outside food allowed. Restrooms were dirty. Would I good again probably not. I would rather go to Splashway waterpark in Sherridan, TX.

1  Thank Cheryle A
There are newer reviews for Splashtown

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Let me start my review off by saying that I've been to water parks in Hawaii, California, Texas and Maine.....and this is BY FAR, the worst water park I've ever been to! I'm not even sure how this place is getting good reviews! I live here in San Antonio and thought I'd give it a try since it was cheaper than Schlitterbahn, Sea World or Fiesta Texas. Let's just say, you get what you pay for. The park is filthy and the water is warm! I'm not sure they use chlorine. I walked through the water to keep an eye on my kids and all I could see were pieces of trash (everything from paper to gum wrappers) floating in the water. The food was expensive as with most water parks, but it wasn't even good. I saw a bunch of people going out to the parking lot and eating lunch that they had packed in coolers in their cars. At Schlitterbahn, you can bring your cooler inside. After living in this city for 30 years and always hearing that Splashtown is the poor man's Schiltterbahn, I'd have to say that this is true. Don't waste your money or your time.

9  Thank MichelleGrenier
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Our kids loved this park and so did we! The rides were awesome and the park attendant were very friendly with us. It was safe and very clean. Lots of services including lockers, lots of umbrellas for shade etc. Bags are checked at the gate so don't try and sneak in any alcohol! The food was pretty basic and mostly fried so I recommend bringing a cooler with a packed lunch. Our kids are over 48" so they were able to get on all the rides. Check the website for height restrictions. We also never did function so I can't include that in my review.

1  Thank Tanya E
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have visited Fiesta Texas, Sea World, Schlitterbahn, and ZDT. Splashtown offers most of what these other parks offer as far as water attractions go, but without the crazy high prices and the long boring lines! This park is big enough to have some really fun water rides, wave pool, lazy river, kids area and plenty of places to sit and relax! Staff was very friendly and parking is not only very convenient, but FREE! If you are looking for a place to get away for the day, have lots of fun, and not experience the frustrations of those other "big" parks, this is the place to go!

4  Thank RetiredSalt
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've been taking my kids to Splashtown for years. Lines are short, and it's easy to keep an eye on kids especially when you have several with you. I've never had any issues with cleanliness, in fact, if I had one complaint, it would be that the chlorine is too strong. You can smell it everywhere, but at least I know the water is safe and clean. Season passes are very affordable, and it is well worth every penny if have spent on them for the past 4 years. I feel much safer taking my little one's to Splashtown than any other water park in and around San Antonio.

2  Thank 621Momof4