Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills
Ranked #105 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice hotel near Seaworld. We loved the shuttle service. We even took the shuttle down the street to the shops for dinner one night. Great shuttle drivers. The pool was great and the pool bar made the evenings great. No Dj during the week and we won't stay on a weekend because the idea of loud music during relax time is not appealing. The pool is generally busy with lots of families and kids. The room was on the smaller side but nice. The room service food was great even the salsa was fresh and not out of a can. I looked forward to the food. Breakfast however could be more interesting and I really don't know why Residence Inns can include breakfast yet Courtyards can't even put out free coffee. I do hope courtyards will someday do complimentary breakfast for guests.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Bridge1207
Sam B, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at Courtyard. I am glad to hear you experienced several of our amenities including our complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Alamo Ranch is developing rapidly with great new restaurants and shopping to compliment your stay in North-West San Antonio. I am glad to hear our shuttle drivers had such a positive impact on your stay and will pass on your great praise of your experience! We boost several food and beverage areas and all food is made fresh daily. I am glad to hear you also experienced our swim up pool bar and enjoyed some leisurely down time in the evenings.

The Marriott Brand offers variety in the number of their select service brands that include Residence Inn who offer Breakfast and Courtyard Brand which does not. Marriott offers many options so you may decide on the Brand that best suits your needs. Courtyard with the New Refreshing Business concept is constantly emerging with lots of options to compliment your stay. We offer Starbucks Coffee in our Bistro and the complimentary coffee in the guest room is the newly added single cup brew which has been positively received since its introduction this year.

We value you as our guest and please reach out to me personally if I can assist you with your future reservations. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience and we look forward to seeing you again the future.

Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is a very nice property. Unfortunately, I think we picked the wrong weekend. The hotel was hosting a corporate "Family Fun Day" and the pool area down by the pool. After an exhausting day at SeaWorld, it would have been nice to have a leisurely swim down at the pool. The pool was mobbed with this this corporate event. When I asked staff if all the people were staying at the hotel, they assured me they were. I have a difficult time believing this. See my attached photos.

There was a DJ by the pool playing very loud music. Our room overlooked the pool, and the music was loud even in the room and went on until 10 pm. After visiting SeaWorld all day, I was ready to go to sleep by 9 pm but with the music was out of luck.

On our second night, when I noticed the DJ was setting up again, I expressed my concerns to staff and luckily they had a much quieter room we moved to. However, it was a hassle to gather all our stuff and move. Manager also offered to move us to the Fairfield Inn next door but I that is a downgrade in properties, that I didn't want. It was already after 6 pm, and I certainly didn't want to move to another property.

The best thing about the hotel was the shuttle to SeaWorld. It was super easy and in the evening, they had ice cold bottled water waiting for us on the shuttle.

The breakfast buffet was mediocre and overpriced. Never new you could make bacon taste bad. They also have muffins and such at the coffee area but we didn't try them.

The hotel was pretty clean. We went down to the pool on Sunday morning and was pleasantly surprised that it was very clean after the mob that was in the pool area the night before.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela H
Thank you for your recent feedback via Trip Advisor. We have already been in touch via Marriott and thank you for sharing your concerns. On behalf of Courtyard I sincerely apologize for your recent experience. As you can see via Trip Advisor; we typically receive great reviews of our pool entertainment and this is the reason we have such a large customer base especially during this time of year when the children are out of school. The entertainment at the pool was carried out as normal and the guests who were at the pool were registered guests. This particular weekend we had over 50 rooms from this group, who were all registered guests at Courtyard. We are extremely strict on pool attendance and do not even extend "Pool Parties" as other hotels commonly do for a small fee to outside patrons. This would negatively impact the experience of paying guests and increased liabilities for the hotel.

The management operations team has already discussed your concerns in detail, to ensure the noise quality of those enjoying the pool entertainment does not negatively impact that of other paying guests. We will ensure we closely monitor this experience as the season continues to develop throughout the summer season.

Thank you for the great comments of service and hotel cleanliness. We strive to provide the best possible experience for our guests and would welcome a future opportunity to accommodate you for a different experience second time around.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is new and clean. We had a room with a balcony over the pool, it was spacious and clean. The kids loved eating breakfast on the balcony, and we all would've preferred to just stay at the hotel pool instead of wasting our time at Sea World, but that's a whole other review.
The staff was VERY friendly and accommodating.
Definitely get a room over the pool, it's beautiful. The hotel is in good distance to all attractions, including the riverwalk.
The swim up bar is only open on weekends, we were looking forward to that. And the pool closes at 10:00, wish it was open later. I know its so that pool-facing guests wont be bothered by the noise, but maybe keep it open later and move those guests elsewhere ;) This will absolutely be our go to hotel for San Antonio!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Laurakelly104
Sam B, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for your great review of the property and the pool recommendations :) I am requested often to keep the pool open later and now we are in Summer Season we will extend to 10:30 PM during Season and the Pool Bar is now open 7 days per week. We just opened up Pool Entertainment for the season which was a huge success with the DJ last night and an assortments of kids activities to enjoy while the kids are out of school ! it is going to be a fun packed Summer and I hope I can be of assistance in making reservations for you to enjoy the hotel before the summer ends. Thank you for your review of the property and your experience. We truly appreicate your feedback and loyalty to Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills :)

Pearland, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are in San Antonio for the night and want to stay in the Seaworld area, you may want to give this place a try. The place is clean, the rooms are very comfortable and have a nice modern layout. The best part about this place is the big fancy pool. Its something that both kids and adults will enjoy a lot and its a perfect place to cool off after a hot summer day at Seaworld or Fiesta TX. I think they have some nice ballrooms for various functions too.

I did not eat at the hotel but there are plenty of things to eat nearby. If you want to eat some Mexican food in a nice outside courtyard setting under the oak trees you can head to Viola's Ventanas very close by, or if you want BBQ they have Rudy's and Bill Millers just down the road plus a bunch of other things just a couple miles east down 151 or West to 1604. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of the property.. we truly appreciate the great feedback and so glad to hear you had a good time at the pool and the nearby places to eat. Viola's is becoming increasingly popular as one of the newer restaurants to be built in the Westover Hills Area; in addition to an old Favorite in Rudy's BBQ.. there are so many choices that make this a great area to stay when visiting San Antonio. We have over 8000 Square Feet of Meeting space and host a variety of both corporate and social events... we hope to see you again soon and thank you for choosing Courtyard :)

Sam.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had a super blast ! It was our first time going to San Antonio and this hotel was so nice and clean and beautiful. My 4 year old loved it , it had a shuttle from hotel to sea world i would highly recommend to anyone we did not want to leave !! The pool was fantastic and food at the hotel was good !

Room Tip: If you are going with kids I defiantly recommend
Green Features: the staff was friendly and nice enjoyed my stay for a classy stay , for a great price
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sam B, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your great review and I am very happy to hear your first time in San Antonio was a blast! This is a great city with lots of activities to see and do. We would welcome an opportuity to have you back with us this summer and for you to experience a lot more activities poolside for the children. We are also rolling out a new menu in June by our Executive Chef Vic Martinez that we would love for you to try on your next visit. If I can assist you with any information or assistance with your reservations; please reach out to me personally.

Sam Birdsell
austin
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We visit Sea World frequently and have stayed at several of the area hotels. This hotel is great for a lot of reasons. It is very close to Sea World--just one turn on to 151 and you are there. We had a king suite with a connecting regular king room and it was perfect for us. Loved the room layouts and amount of space. The restaurant wasn't remarkable but was good for families. There are many restaurants very close by as well. The customer service was good and the hotel was clean.

The best thing about the hotel was the fabulous swimming pool. It had connecting indoor and outdoor sections and that was great. It was large and had a splash pad area for small kids. It also had a swim up bar and food service at the pool. The whole pool experience was amazing especially considering the cost of the rooms.

Overall I was thrilled with our stay. The rates in the area were very high on that weekend which is what caused me to look for a hotel other than our regulars. This is my new regular sea world hotel.

Room Tip: The pool is noisy. Get a high room and consider the parking lot side
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of the hotel. We appreciate hearing from you and to hear of your great experience. We are very fortunate to be your New SeaWorld Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to us each time you are in town to visit the park. We have great things in store for the summer season which is almost upon us. Beginning on June 7th we will begin our summer activities to include face painting; Poolside DJ and games for the kids and the whole family. Please reach out to me personally if i can assist you with your reservations.

Sam Birdsell
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed Here for 1 night and it was the worst nights sleep I have had in a very long time. We stayed in room 150 be sure to not stay in that room as it is right next to a elevator that shakes the entire wall of the bedroom. The manager did not offer us any remedy other than moving to another smaller room. We required the suite as we were traveling with 3 children. They need to fix this issue but I wanted to let my fellow Trip Advisor family that Room 150 is a no go!

Room Tip: Do not get room 150!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Toni O
Sam B, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your Feedback regarding the room proximity to the elevator during your last visit. I have already communicated to you with our sincere apologies and compensation via our Customer Care Channel regarding your last stay. We hope that we can restore your faith with us at Courtyard and welcome you back in the near future. You have my direct contact information via my email and I look forward to personally taking care of you and your family the next time you are in San Antonio.