“Loved our stay”

Ranked #106 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Richmond, Texas
“Loved our stay”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Perfect location if you have children and plan on visiting Sea World. The pool is fantastic, it has an indoor pool that allows you to swim to the outdoor area of the pool as well as a swim up bar. The hot tub is over looking the pool. The food at this hotel is also really good. The staff is super nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Just ask for the side you'd like to be on.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Matthew O, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you, Redfish3, for your review!

All of us here thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We appreciate you staying with us, and look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Kilgore, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great place to stay when you have kids. This has to be one of the best hotels I've stayed in......very clean, extremely friendly employees that go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. We were able to buy tickets to Sea World at the hotel, and they provide a shuttle service to Sea World, which is great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, LBlondie, for your review.

You said it all! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our property. More importantly, I am glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves. Come back soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved staying here, we got there a few hours before check in time and our room was ready, room was very clean, the front desk staff were very friendly and help us with maps and recommending places, the hotel is very close to many stores and restaurants, and a gas station next to it, the food from waves (the hotel's restaurant) was delisious. We also loved the fact that they had family activities in the afternoon such as movie night, live DJ by the pool. And not to mention that room services was great we would leave the room messy and come back to find super clean and organized. My daughter which is 3 yrs didn't want to leave.

1 Thank ailusmommy
Thank you so much, ailusmommy, for your review!

I am so glad to read that you had such a great time at our property. We truly try and cater to families like yours, and our pool is well designed for a 3 year old to have a grand time! We really appreciate you taking the time to review our property here on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to your next stay. Come back soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you are needing a hotel near sea world this would be a good one for you. Everything was ok until we had to use the restroom and found out our toilet was not working [not flushing]This did not happen until the morning the day we had to check out. We came from sea world very late prev night and we were all night out. When we get to the front desk to check out we adv. the receptionist it didn't work and explained to her we were in late no one realize until the morning and all she tells me is really? I'm sorry ... I was thinking well too late already we were leaving! Boomer... And I had just lost an award : night certificate on a room without useful toilet...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, MimiDiQT, for this review.

I really appreciate you taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. I believe I have already spoken with you regarding this situation, but will apologize again for this oversight. The toilet should absolutely always be working. As I mentioned in my email to you - please contact me personally when you plan on returning so we can get you a great room and make it up to you on your return trip. Thank again for staying with us, and for being a valued Marriott Rewards Member.
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here with our 2 year old daughter and our 6 month old son. Had a great time and will be sure to stay here next time we go to San Antonio.
the hotel is only a couple minutes from Sea World and about 30 min or so from the river walk.
The price of the hotel is about average for San Antonio but the quality for the price is what sets it apart.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable, The A/C can get very cold very quickly which was nice since it was extremly hot and we were wanting to cool down.
The pool is excellent, possibly the biggest draw to this hotel, very clean and well layed out. It's in the middle of the hotel so you can swim in the shade or sun depending on your preference. It's an indoor/outdoor pool with 2 hot tubs and a swim up bar.
The staff was extremly friendly and welcoming, Everyone was trying to help us enjoy our trip as much as possible. The girls at the front desk were very nice when we were checking in.
Katy was our bartender while we stayed there and she was awesome. She was very good with all the kids and made great alcohal free drinks for the little ones.
We kept seeing another employee during our stay named Brian, If you have any questions find Brian and ask him. He was extremly helpful and very happy to answer anyones's question.
The shuttle driver was also very friendly and helpful, he let us know of all kinds of tips of things to do while we were at Sea World.
The only problems we had were with the shuttle, we had a reserved time to take us to Sea World, we arrived 2 minutes early but the shuttle had already left, not a big deal but with a 2 year old that meant chasing her around for another 15 minutes. the old issue was getting picked up from Sea World. We were told the driver picks up every hour on the hour. It was a very hot day and my kids weren't taking it too well so we decided to head back to the hotel. We called about 10 till to confirm the shuttle would pick us up. After waiting 30 min I had to start asking the other shuttle drivers if one of them could give us a ride back to the hotel, It cost me a little bit but I was able to talk one of the drivers into giving us a ride back. When we got back I talked to the front desk about why we had to wait so long and the shuttle driver never came to pick us up. They weren't very helpful with that. I was able to get my kids up to the room and cool them down before they got too bad though. Aside from the issues with the Shuttle it was a great trip and I would still recommend staying here, I would just bring enough cash with me to get a taxi or bribe another shuttle driver to drop you off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, DallasBeerGuy, for your review!

I really appreciate you taking the time to complete this review for us. I know Brian also thanks you himself - he's our Food and Beverage Director and he really does enjoy helping guests in any way that he can. I am really dissapointed to hear about your experience with our shuttle service. I apologize personally for this oversight, and would like for you to contact me directly when you want to return to the hotel so I can ensure you get a great room - and your shuttle is always on time. Our drivers typically stick tightly to our schedule, so your experience is not usual, and for this I truly apologize. Thank again for your feedback. We will use it to improve.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family stayed recently at this Marriott for my daughter's soccer tournament and we received a special rate for the tournament - $94/night.

We were able to secure 2 rooms that were connected since we have 3 children and one room would not be big enough. Here are my thoughts:

1. Rooms were a good size and very clean.

2. Each comes with a mini-fridge that you can use for snacks/breakfast/drinks.

3. The air conditioning units are very loud - my advice - freeze your room while you are out and then turn it off (or don't keep it that low). We learned the hard way.

4. The staff is amazing -- especially at this price point of a hotel. Nice, helpful, "at your service," etc.

5. The beds are a bit soft for our taste but you may like a softer bed. The sofa bed is OK for the kids if there isn't a two double bed room available.

6. The pool is what makes this hotel -- the swim up bar and the 'inside/outside' area is a very nice touch for the hot months in Texas at this price point.

7. If you are going to Sea World -- you are right there -- your kids will enjoy staying here because of the pool and how close it is to Sea World. They will shuttle you there, too, so you don't have to park.

8. If you have stayed at different levels of Marriott's: it's similar to a 'Residence Inn" but with no full kitchen or full living room.

9. Breakfast is not included but they have a buffet for purchase. I skipped it but our kids enjoyed it.

Overall, I recommend this hotel for it's price range - with a big bonus to the staff and the pool. Wish the air units were not so loud and you must use them most months in Texas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you lewistexas, for you review!

We really appreciate you taking the time out to leave us such detailed feedback regarding your stay. We are often a host site for soccer tournaments, and truly enjoy servicing the ACYSO community. Hopefully we will see you again when the next tournament rolls around. Thanks again.
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

This was a great hotel stay. And it was the wrong hotel.

I was in town for a business meeting and one of my coworkers was driving me around San Antonio. I needed a place to stay and so I went to the Marriott site, typed in his address, and it told me the nearest hotel was the Courtyard at Seaworld.

However, there are *two* of them, and it directed me to the one near Lackland.

When he dropped me off for the evening, he chose the one nearest his house, which was this one in Westover Hills. It was late, but the staff called over to the other hotel and got my reservation moved.

The hotel just turned four but still looks new. I was only there for one night but I got a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed. The Internet access was serviceable, and the bath had a large shower complete with glass doors (no curtain).

The only downside came when I went to buy a fruit cup for breakfast from the "Bistro". There wasn't much choice and the cups they had were only half full (see pic). Very unusual, but maybe it's just Texas. (grin)

There is a nice pool - probably the nicest I've ever seen in a Courtyard, but that might be due to the Seaworld location and that the hotel probably caters to their visitors.

Where they really exceeded my expectations was on checkout. My bill was more than $50 less than what I had been quoted for the other Courtyard.

I'll be back in San Antonio and when that happens I'll stay here - after being sure to double check the booking.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room on the side away from the pool. While it didn't bo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much, Sortova, for your review!

I really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am also really excited that we exceeded your expectations. Rest assured, our fruit cups are full from now on! I am glad our staff was able to quickly and comfortably accomodate your reservations, and we really look forward to you returning to us when you next visit San Antonio!