“Great hotel, whether on business or family trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills

Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills
Ranked #98 of 359 Hotels in San Antonio
United States
“Great hotel, whether on business or family trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I brought our 4 kids to Sea World and loved this hotel. We were here at the end of May 2013.

Hotel looks like no other Courtyard that I've ever been to and I travel quite frequently for work.

It has a spacious lobby, large restaurant with flat screen tv's in the dining booths. Oversized large pool that is connected to a indoor pool, nice feature when you want to get away from the weather. This pool also has a swim up bar and small kiddie splash area. Trust me if you're looking for a room that's close to Sea World or if you're just looking for an updated family friendly hotel, this is it.

I told my wife we would definitely come back to this hotel the next time we need one in the San Antonio area, even if we don't go to Sea World.

My son, who is 5, told me a few weeks after our visit, he wanted to go back to "San Anionios". I asked him if he wanted to go back to Sea World? He said no, to go swimming again at that really cool hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Matthew O, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorldR/Westover Hills, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much, lakeaustinboy, for your feedback!

We can't wait for your family to come back to "San Anionios" and go swimming at the pool. Our Waves Pool Bar is open seasonally, so if you return this fall be sure it's on the weekend so you can enjoy a drink poolside while your little ones enjoy the splash area. Thanks again for your great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, friendly staff, awesome location. The breakfast buffet needs help as the food was cold, lacking in options and cleanliness. The room was plenty big and full of amenities. Wifi worked well. Room was cleaned at our request with a smile.

Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Todd T
Thank you so much, Todd T, for your feedback!

We hope you return to our hotel, and please try the buffet again as we have recently changed the presentation of our buffet due to feedback just like yours. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property after your stay. Thanks again.
Pearland, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel was spotless. The rooms are excellently designed. A lot of features tucked away that you can pull out and rearrange to suit your needs. The pool is bigger than other similar hotels.
Great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Pearlander2010
Thank you, Pearlander2010, for your review of our hotel!

We appreciate you taking the time to write us feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel, and I look forward to your return here!
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is OK.....OK meaning it is clean and nice enough. If you are in San Antonio to enjoy the hotel, then this one is pretty, clean, and comes with standard amenities. The outside ambience is excellent but the rooms are average. No hair dryer available meant I had to be a little more creative than what I was expecting. The breakfast buffet was OVERPRICED (who pays for breakfast at a hotel any more?) and way below average in quality. We WON'T be eating breakfast here a second time. But I will say, the burger we had for dinner was EXCELLENT and the chef delivered it to my husband himself..KUDOS to him! The dining room choices are very limited and the restaurant staff seemed like they were overwhelmed and under trained in dealing with more than one guest. The shuttle service to Sea World was EXCELLENT: very friendly and right on schedule. Our little one enjoyed the pool as well and I will say it is large enough to accommodate several guests. So all in all, I rate this hotel "AVERAGE" but not sure with the other choices I could have in SA, we would choose to stay here a second time although I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid it either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you, AprilFlowers423, for your review.

We really appreciate your feedback. You noted that you had no hairdryer, and all of our rooms should have a hairdryer in the room at all times. I apologize for this oversight. We are glad you enjoyed your dinner, and I did want to note that we have changed the presentation of our breakfast buffet, so we hope you might give it a try in the future. Thanks again for all your insight - and please consider us again when you return to San Antonio.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Family of four (2 adults, 2 kids, 8 and 5). Stayed 3 nights in June 2013. This hotel made our trip. First, we decided last minute to drive during the night and arrive Monday early AM rather than Monday afternoon. Called Saturday morning to see what they could do. At the time, they said they could give us a different type of room for half day Monday morning at 50% rate, but then we would have to change rooms. I was happy enough to get this type of accomadation, so accepted. The nice lady at the front desk called us back an hour later, saying they had a cancellation and could get us into our actual room Monday AM, and still for 50%. Awesome customer service. Check in was a breeze. Room (2 queen executive suite) was great. 4th floor had a balcony facing the pool, but didn't hear anything through soundproof doors. Room was clean and housekeeping did a great job every day. The pool was great, especially for the younger kids. Clean, warm, excellent. Downside is the no continental breakfast, but the buffet was good. Kind of pricy for the selection, but the 5 year old was free. The shuttle service to Seaworld was great. Didn't have to deal with parking, dropped us off right at the front gate, and showed up 10 minutes early to pick us up. Checkout was a breeze, no billing issues, no parking issues, no issues at all.

Two things:

The construction they had going on is an eyesore, but in no way affected us. We couldn't hear the noise, the workers didn't bother the kids when they were in the pool, nothing.

The towels smelled like the seasoning you get in Ramen Noodle packages. I wasn't a fan of the detergent. My wife did not seem to notice, but my son did.

But even then, I won't knock anything about this hotel. This hotel really made our trip. My wife is kind of picky, but she was thrilled. Kids didn't want to leave. This is a great hotel for families. Everyone, staff and guests, are super friendly and interactive with the kids. We will be back and staying here for our next trip to San Antonio.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much, Nathan W, for taking the time to leave feedback.

I am so glad to hear your family had a great time, and that the front desk was able to provide personalized service to accomodate your special request for the early check in. I appreciate your detail in this review... I love Ramen Noodles, personally. I hope next time your towels don't smell that way though. ;)

We look forward to your return. Thank you, your wife, and your family for staying with us.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We chose this hotel since it was very close to Sea World. The property is very nice and seems to be fairly new (few years old). The rooms are average Courtyard...nothing great...nothing bad.

The lobby and the cafe/dining options are a great complement to hotels in this category. The only disappointing part of the stay was the special breakfast buffet being offered. For $9/pp you basically got scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, french toast, potatoes and variety of cereals. The disappointing part was the taste of the food. The bacon had a really funny taste to it. The sausage was okay but overall it was not much of a value.

The staff and property overall is very nice and I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bizandfun
Thank you, bizandfun, for your feedback, as well as your business!

We would love to have you return to the hotel and try us again. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and we listened. The buffet presentation has been changed since your last stay. We feel these changes have really enhanced the breakfast buffet experience. Please feel free to contact me personally when you want to return to San Antonio so I can ensure you get a great room!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

William Smith was very helpful and understanding. if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have stayed for two nights. thanks Mr. Smith. The only compliant would be the coffee shop the night we ate there the food was not the best. and a few of us had to send back our food. but over all we had a great time.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback, joshsarah12!

I appreciate you noting Mr. William Smith's customer service, and he thanks you for your feedback. We are constantly working towards improving our service as well as our food, and hopefully next time you return the food will not disappoint. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to your return!